Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Mastercard Decline!

tag
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paypal Mastercard Decline!

@Anonymous wrote:

Your data points seems like that should be Synchrony approval but looking at your score it seems something is keeping you below 700. Whatever that something is, is probably what they do not like. I just got this card with a similar profile except my TU is over 700. Util ~10%, and 2017 BK. Tons of inquiries and new accounts. I have one other Synch card the Rakuten Visa.

Who the hell knows. Oh well! I did open two accounts with Sync in July (Amazon 1K four months later CLI to 5K) and another in September (Rooms to Go 2,500 one month later CLI to 7,500). I'm gonna garden for a year.

Message 11 of 25
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

It's been 19 (apped on the 13th) days since my application, and I still haven't received a hard-pull which is odd. Is this normal with the Sync? I'm not compIaing lol it just seems odd. I also haven't received my decline letter yet. 

Message 12 of 25
matchu
Valued Member

@soxfaininfl wrote:

It's been 19 (apped on the 13th) days since my application, and I still haven't received a hard-pull which is odd. Is this normal with the Sync? I'm not compIaing lol it just seems odd. I also haven't received my decline letter yet. 

Did you burn them in your BK? If so, they probably declined the card based on internal data and therefore won't be a hardpull. 

Message 13 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@soxfaininfl wrote:

The HP could be in TU or EX.  Did you check both?   Was PPMC ever IIB...or did you ever have an eBAY MC?

I would just wait for the letter (whenever it shows up) to determine what decision they reached.

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@soxfaininfl wrote:

Holidays could be slowing it down as well.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@soxfaininfl wrote:
@RealityBites
Do I receive a letter or an email if I am approved or denied? Would I see anything in my account since I have a Venture1 already?

I know you've already had your answer from Capital One, but for the benefit of anyone curious, you receive an email of approval and wouldn't see anything in your account. I don't know if they send denials by email.

Message 16 of 25
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@matchu wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

Did you burn them in your BK? If so, they probably declined the card based on internal data and therefore won't be a hardpull. 

I had a PayPal account that was included for 1,321. I didn't have the MasterCard version. I did also burn Sync for the following accounts Amazon, Care Credit, Pepboys, Walmart for higher amounts. I have an Amazon Prime (burned in BK for 3k) account again with a 5K limit this time. I also have a Rooms to Go account for 7,500 with Sync that we're both opened in the last 6 months. 

Message 17 of 25
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

The HP could be in TU or EX.  Did you check both?   Was PPMC ever IIB...or did you ever have an eBAY MC?

I would just wait for the letter (whenever it shows up) to determine what decision they reached.

I haven't gotten a notification via MyFICO or Credit Karma that any of my CR's have a HP from Sync in the last 30 days. I also have a subscription to EX (just for EX).

and no HP's from Sync also. I just had a regular PayPal credit account that was IIB for 1,321.

Message 18 of 25
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:
@RealityBites
Do I receive a letter or an email if I am approved or denied? Would I see anything in my account since I have a Venture1 already?

I know you've already had your answer from Capital One, but for the benefit of anyone curious, you receive an email of approval and wouldn't see anything in your account. I don't know if they send denials by email.

I never received an official email or a letter of my approval. I called in and got the approval over the phone. I later received an email regarding the benefits of the Savor One card, and a few days latter the Savor One card arrived in the mail. 

Message 19 of 25
cem13
Established Contributor

@soxfaininfl wrote:

Well I'm 0 for 2 at 2% flat cash credit cards as I got declined from Citi for the Double Cash back on 9/19 becuase of my BK (IIB). They didn't mention my previous relationship with them. Well, I'm going into the garden for the next year. 

I was approved for Citi Double Cash this week for $9,300 SL.  I, too, burned Citi in my BK7; D/C 6/2011.  My TU score is about 720 and income is >150K.  My utilization is about 15% total, although with a recent BT; one of my cards is at 93%.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.