Did you mean: 

Paypal Mastercard Decline!

tag
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paypal Mastercard Decline!

@cem13 wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

Well I'm 0 for 2 at 2% flat cash credit cards as I got declined from Citi for the Double Cash back on 9/19 becuase of my BK (IIB). They didn't mention my previous relationship with them. Well, I'm going into the garden for the next year. 

I was approved for Citi Double Cash this week for $9,300 SL.  I, too, burned Citi in my BK7; D/C 6/2011.  My TU score is about 720 and income is >150K.  My utilization is about 15% total, although with a recent BT; one of my cards is at 93%.

Congratulations on getting back with Citi! It's just to soon to try to reestablish a relationship with them. I'm gonna garden for a year and work on getting my UTL down and get my scores into the 700's. 

Message 21 of 25
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

It's been 19 (apped on the 13th) days since my application, and I still haven't received a hard-pull which is odd. Is this normal with the Sync? I'm not compIaing lol it just seems odd. I also haven't received my decline letter yet. 

The HP could be in TU or EX.  Did you check both?   Was PPMC ever IIB...or did you ever have an eBAY MC?

I would just wait for the letter (whenever it shows up) to determine what decision they reached.

I finally reveived a response yesterday via email which I thought was odd way to receive a decline for a credit card application. I oringinally applied on 12/13/19. I figuired that would be the case if I had an Amex account and was applying for another Amex card. I called in on 12/31/19 since I hadn't received a decline letter, and they said I would receive a letter via regular mail within 7-10 days. They would not tell me why I was declined over the phone. I reveiced the following email yesterday:

Sync Decline.png

It instructed me to select the link and enter in the reference number and some of my personal info, and once I did I saw the following letter online.

Sync Decline 2.jpg

I never had the PayPal 2% Mastercard. I only had the Paypal account where I could use Paypal online for my payment. Atleast I didn't get a HP. Oh well, I'll be gardening till next January 2021 and my UTL will be down below 5% at at time when I reapply.

Message 22 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, SYNCB does send declined letters or other form of correspondence via email from time to time (similar to Capital One or Citi in that regard).

If they are referencing a prior PayPal relationship, this could be a previous PayPal MC (not necessarily the product you applied for), eBay MC, Bill Me Later/PayPal Credit, PayPal SmartConnect, etc.

At least now you can have some closure based on the letter you received.
Message 23 of 25
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Yes, SYNCB does send declined letters or other form of correspondence via email from time to time (similar to Capital One or Citi in that regard).

If they are referencing a prior PayPal relationship, this could be a previous PayPal MC (not necessarily the product you applied for), eBay MC, Bill Me Later/PayPal Credit, PayPal SmartConnect, etc.

At least now you can have some closure based on the letter you received.

Well I guess they didn't forgive me yet for my paypal/bill me later account IIB for 1,300. They did forgive me for my Amazon account which IIB for 2,900. I now have a 5K limit which is higher than what I had before my BK.

I thought they may have declined me for too many new accounts within the last 2 years or too many INQ's. I'm in the garden for the next year, so I will try then.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your denial. I think it’s time to garden for awhile.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.