cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal PreApproval Blocked by TU Freeze that DOESN'T exist???

tag
hackersmovie
New Contributor

Paypal PreApproval Blocked by TU Freeze that DOESN'T exist???

I'm confused.

Tried the pre-approval for the Paypal Mastercard and it comes back with a message saying they can't process it due to a credit freeze on my Transunion. I logged into TU and there is NO freeze?? So I froze it, then unfroze (like restarting a computer Smiley LOL ) my TU and it still came back with the same message.

What should I do?

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

FICO 8: Equifax - 686 / Transunion - 727 / Experian - 678
FICO 9: Equifax - 659 / Transunion - 776 / Experian - 673
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal PreApproval Blocked by TU Freeze that DOESN'T exist???

You may need to use a different device and try again. Had the same problem with several prequal/preapproval sites earlier this month forgetting I had TU iced and not locked. After thawing TU, I try several prequel sites that claimed TU was still frozen. I tried again using a different device and started seeing offers.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 2 of 4
hackersmovie
New Contributor

@fury1995 wrote:

You may need to use a different device and try again. Had the same problem with several prequal/preapproval sites earlier this month forgetting I had TU iced and not locked. After thawing TU, I try several prequel sites that claimed TU was still frozen. I tried again using a different device and started seeing offers.

Okay. I'll try that and report back. Appreciate the information. 

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

FICO 8: Equifax - 686 / Transunion - 727 / Experian - 678
FICO 9: Equifax - 659 / Transunion - 776 / Experian - 673
Message 3 of 4
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

The exact same thing happened to me when I applied for the Apple Card last week. I waited until the next day, and it worked.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.