cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed Application

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Pen Fed Application

Hi Friends. I am a PenFed member with 2 of their cc. I applied for a gold visa and got a screen that said “finish setting up your account “ and it asked me about balance transfers and AU.

Then the next screen states “YOUR ALL SET!” And below that it states “application pending”.

I’m so confused . Approval or denials ?
Amex Delta Gold 4.5k Amex HH 2k Amex Green NPSL, AMEX Delta Blue 2k, BOA Cash Rewards 1k, Barclay Jet Blue WMC 7K, Chase Freedom 2.5k Chase Southwest Premier Plus 7K Chase United Explorer 20.5K Chase Marriott 11K , Amazon Visa 3.5k, Discover $7.5K 7.5K Venture $17K Venture One 12K Quicksilver Visa Siggy 5.5K Citi Shell MC 2k, Total Rewards Visa 5.4K CITI AA Executive WEMC 15.4 Paypal Extras MC 8K, Citi Diamond WEMC 4K Citi DC WEMC 4.5K Citi Hilton Visa Siggy 8k.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pen Fed Application

PenFed is a bit on the slow side but I would say you probably have an approval there. Call them on monday if its not done yet and im sure they can give you and update. Best of luck.

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

It means it’s pending. It can go either way, I have been approved and also denied with the same verbiage.
EXP 758 TU 783 EQ 729
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

PenFed is odd.

Every time I knew I was approved, I was denied.

Every time I knew I would denied, I was approved.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $400k unsecured credit in 2020.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

5% Rotating - Discover                         5%-20% - Amazon & Lowes                   3-6% Groceries - NFCU & Amex Preferred
3-5% Gas - NFCU & Ducks Unl            4% Dining & Entertain - Savor               3% Travel & Hotels - Flagship, Propel, & Uber
2% Everything - Flagship & Syncrony

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:
... Then the next screen states “YOUR ALL SET!” 

I hope you copied that wrong. I'd hate to have to cancel my accounts.

Starting Score: (5/24/2018) -- FICO 08 EXP: 643; FICO 08 TU: 642; FICO 08 EQ: 677
Current Score (11/11/2020): FICO 08 EXP: 747; TU: 762; EQ: 782
2020 Goal Score: 760 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I find this just their normal process. You have to set up whether you want AU or balance transfer before they decide the app so i just look at this as part of the application. I agree the way its worded gives you hope but ive been disappointed plenty after seeing thatSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Your application has gone to manual underwriting; happens with many PenFed apps so its not unusual.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.