Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed Gold Approval odds 1 yr post bk

tag
WavysMommy
Regular Contributor

Re: Pen Fed Gold Approval odds 1 yr post bk

@Shopaholic824 wrote:

Hi all! It's been quite some time since my last post. I had the misfortune of filing for bankruptcy June 2019 and was DC'ed October of 2019. Burned the following: Nordstrom, Cap 1 (Venture), Chase (CSP), and Citi (AA). I had a car loan which I kept as it was about halfway paid off and good payment history.

3 Months post-DC I applied and received Discover It (secured-- now graduated to unsecured w/$1800 CL) and Ollo (unsecured with $3k CL). While both have been fine, I am looking to start rebuild with larger banks. I have a new savings acct relationship w/ Pen Fed and wanted to get any feedback on approval odds for Pen Fed Gold card. Scores are as follows (updated today): Experian Fico Score 8 (677), Equifax (690), TU (665). Income is $55k.

I have 1% revolving utilization and roughly $16k left on my car loan. Student loans are deferred at the moment.

2 Inquiries total from Discover and Ollo and AAOC is 6 yrs and 3 months. I may additionally open a Capital One Platinum which I have on pre-approval and close out my Ollo since it has no rewards or growth really.

Any feedback or advice is appreciated! Smiley Happy 

My Eq9 is 631 per Penfed(655 Eq8) and I was just approved a couple of days ago for a PCR card with 6500 CL, 15 months post BK7 discharge.  You on paper would have a better chance than I did.

I have both a savings and checking account with them that I opened a month before my discharge.

Message 11 of 12
Bippy_33
Regular Contributor

Re: Pen Fed Gold Approval odds 1 yr post bk

They shot me down for the Gold card 1 year & 5 months since discharge.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.