Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed is Next!

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Pen Fed is Next!

Greetings Everyone!

I'm thinking of applying for a Pen Fed credit card as part of my app spree in Jan/Feb 2020. I have not had any inquiries in 2 years. Please recommend any Pen Fed credit cards that you've had a positive experience with. 

Thank you all!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Pen Fed is Next!

Greetings! Any of their CCs would be great for your spend.

Message 2 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Have you looked at their cards and how they would fit into your spending pattern?

Asking about experience with cards is really too broad, if they have chip that works, that's a positive experience, but probably not the answer you're looking for.

You'll get a mixed bag in terms of responses. Just like all other lenders, some are extremely pleased, others range from meh to salty.

Also, a little bit more information about your profile, cards you have, income, scores etc would probably be very helpful.
Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@WhiteCollar wrote:

Greetings Everyone!

I'm thinking of applying for a Pen Fed credit card as part of my app spree in Jan/Feb 2020. I have not had any inquiries in 2 years. Please recommend any Pen Fed credit cards that you've had a positive experience with. 

Thank you all!

as it was posted , need more info

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The PCR seems to be the hottest PenFed card currently.  Getting rejected by PenFed is a good thing.  It seems to lead to acceptance soon afterwards.

Message 5 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Not really, many of us simply get rejection after rejection. Truely YMMV lender.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say Power Cash Rewards for 2% cashback for every swipe.

Message 7 of 13
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

PenFed is my primary financial institution, and the Power Cash Rewards is one of my go-to cards. Its base cash-back rate is 1.5%, but it increases to 2% with an Access America checking account or military service.
Message 8 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@WhiteCollar wrote:

Greetings Everyone!

Thank you all!

I like the Promise card. No balance transfer fee. No cash advance fee. Good promotional balance transfer interest.

I can't complain about the Power Cash Rewards card, 2% cash back across the board, immediate redemption any time you choose, no minimum. The only problem with the card is that if you want 2%, rather than 1.5%, you need to have their Access America checking account, which charges a $10 monthly fee unless you have either (a) direct deposits totalling $500 each month, or (b) a minimum balance of $500.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 13
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@WhiteCollar wrote:

Greetings Everyone!

Thank you all!

I like the Promise card. No balance transfer fee. No cash advance fee. Good promotional balance transfer interest.

I can't complain about the Power Cash Rewards card, 2% cash back across the board, immediate redemption any time you choose, no minimum. The only problem with the card is that if you want 2%, rather than 1.5%, you need to have their Access America checking account, which charges a $10 monthly fee unless you have either (a) direct deposits totalling $500 each month, or (b) a minimum balance of $500.

Not to mention a hard pull to open it even if you have a relationship and savings account, correct?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.