Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CC approval then denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed CC approval then denied

hi all

I was recently ranting about penfed approval for credit card with 35.5k limit received card and file it away went Tao activate it 3 weeks later card closed due to them thinking it was fraudulently opened. I'm okay with that they asked for numerous notarized documents Govt Id pay stub w2 and utility bill. Provided as requested per rep the will not reopened card due to fraud. I am lost any direction on who I can contact. I am not near a local branch was opened online.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed CC approval then denied

So you provided them with all of the notarized docs they requested and they still think it's fraud?

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP -- why did you wait 3 weeks to acivate the card ?

Start from the beginning -- when were you approved?  Were you instanty approved or through Loan Officer ?  how were you informed your card had been closed -- did they call you, denied when using it, etc ??  This seems verry out of place for PENFED ....  something must have struck a major nerve.  

Also, is your entire membership closed/frozen, or just CC ?  Any loans ?  

I really hope you get it settled -- if i were oyu I would immediately email/fax the Office of the CEO, or email the president of operations -- Google info

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Start from the beginning -- when were you approved? Were you instanty approved or through Loan Officer ? how were you informed your card had been closed -- did they call you, denied when using it, etc ?? This seems verry out of place for PENFED .... something must have struck a major nerve. Approved 3 weeks ago with about 3 hour lag time filed reviewed by loan officer. Didn't activate the card immediately because didn't need it just went on app spree after closing on home.

Also, is your entire membership closed/frozen, or just CC ? Any loans ? Only CC closed; checking and savings opened a while back

I really hope you get it settled -- if i were oyu I would immediately email/fax the Office of the CEO, or email the president of operations -- Google info: any advice on how to find this info I googled all night to no avail

any instructions on how to upload my snapshot of approval. I have card in hand and everything. I didn't know it was closed until I went to activate it this past Friday...

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey there -- I would try Googling PENFED Leadership, or PRESIDENT -- his name will come up, i promise. Smiley Very Happy  just click through each link.

As for the closure, as stated this is way out of play for PenFed, so something is up.  I think out of all lenders, I have seen 1-3 AA Threads on PenFed and they were in 2008-2010ish.  

What was specified by fraud ?  They think you are not you ??  or do they think you are lying about something on your app ?  They should definitely tell you, if not, like i said go to the TOP.  It always works for me when I climb the ladder -- 9 times out of 10, I get my way in the end.  Very lucrative.

Message 5 of 24
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the account closing. But every lender states ..... Activate card as soon as you get it" .

this lets them know it was received by the rightful owner. When you take 3 weeks to do it when it should take 12 days max....

they E T have every right to be concerned. I don't blame them for their actions. 

Do do I think they should have closed it and not reopened it after proving your id ? NO , not at all...

but  just use this as a Learning experience....,

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes lesson learned; a waste of a hard pull. It is the principal of the matter now. I can't even prove I am my own self. What has this world come too. My income is spot on no padding the numbers (like most people do),  passport given and W2 all notarized. I feel they are trying to cover up a mistake they made...

Message 7 of 24
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

This world is full of dishonest people and it makes it hard for the honest people. I agree, they need to make this right. 

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making some headway here...apparently on their 3rd party verification my social was coming up as a person who was deceased
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.