Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI Application Processing

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed CLI Application Processing

@5KRunner wrote:

I've called 4 times about the current CLI request and nothing has moved. Combined with that application from August 2020 that just got lost in the ether, it's making me wonder if there's something wrong with the way my account is configured in their system. But since I can't get anyone to tell me anything more than "just wait," I guess that's all I can do.

Definitely keep watching it, @5KRunner, but this is exactly what happened to some of us in the links I provided upthread.  My CLI showed "booked" and never moved.  I watched it for 30 days until after the next statement closing before I finally first called about it.  And the CSR you spoke with may know nothing about the issues between their old and new systems.  They didn't seem knowledgeable at all.  It was only after I elevated it and pushed for it that I was able to get them to implement what they had offered to me.  Either way, please do keep us informed and good luck!

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my timeline with PenFed: open with them Sept 2019. April 2020 I saw preapproval for cards and auto loans.  Between sept 2019 and April 2020 I had an active checking and savings(still do). I was preapproval for 5k for PenFed power cash  in April 2020. At the time I didn't know what they pull until 7 months later Nov 21 I asked for cli and with a hard pull(Equifax) I went from 5k to 25k. And then 2 weeks later more preapproval for cards and auto loans appeared on my account. All the cards said 13k even the promise visa which I should have gotten instead, I just didn't want another card because of the whole 5/24. I did cli a week later for 13k on dec 24 Thursday. It said booked. And then I noticed on dec 29 it still didn't show 38k. I was busy and didn't call them til the next day. It was a 30 minute call and I was at work so I told them to call me back. The gentleman who was working with me had to send it up because he couldn't do it. The next day New Year's Eve I looked at my account and it said 38k and I got a call later that day to say it's done. Another member on this board @CerebralZulu and I got it done in a day. I assume the fast pace of ours getting done so quickly was due to the contributions of @Aim_High and others on this board who had to fight for their cli.

Message 22 of 28
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Update: I called PenFed again this morning, and maybe, possibly, kinda made some progress. The member services rep acknowledged that the application was taking an unusual amount of time to process, so she called underwriting to determine the reason. They directed her to contact IT, which seems to indicate that the system upgrades mentioned earlier in this thread and elsewhere might be causing these delays. The rep promised to call me later today with a resolution.

Message 23 of 28
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@5KRunner wrote:

Update: I called PenFed again this morning, and maybe, possibly, kinda made some progress. The member services rep acknowledged that the application was taking an unusual amount of time to process, so she called underwriting to determine the reason. They directed her to contact IT, which seems to indicate that the system upgrades mentioned earlier in this thread and elsewhere might be causing these delays. The rep promised to call me later today with a resolution.

Thanks for sharing.  I was wondering...

Fingers Crossed for you!

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@5KRunner wrote:

I hope it finally happens.

Message 25 of 28
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

VICTORY! 

Capture.JPG

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! Congratulations.

Message 27 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@5KRunner  congrats on your increase!

Feel free to start an approval thread if you wish to do so. 

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.