Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI/Love button

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed CLI application Process?

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous - IME, I don't think spend really matters or triggers it.  There's been periods of non-usage on PenFed CCs + deposit balances relatively flat and I still received pre-approved offers.  I think it took about 1+ year for me to see them, then again I joined in early 2015.

It's definitely hit or miss since there's been quarters when they pop-up and others where crickets serenade me.  They're definitely looking at time with PenFed, overall profile and EQ9 from what I can discern. 

So Finny, is my time 20 years?😁

Ill be so old  when i get an offer,  that  my cranberry will be insaneSmiley Wink

😆😆😆 @AverageJoesCredit  Gosh let's hope not!

One thing I noticed, though just speculation, whenever I ummm ...you know...left the garden 🪴 just for a little stroll, the offers would go away.  Once I stayed in for a good bit, they reappeared 🤷‍♂️  So, I'm sure they're monitoring active credit seeking, cranberry fields, pot holes, the fate of the universe...

Message 31 of 41
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

PenFed luv button

I've had my Penfed pcr since Sept of 2020 and was recently approved for the Platinum rewards and wanted to try for a cli on the pcr but can not find a luv button anywhere, maybe it's too soon to request. 

I've look in the app under Manage card and the website under account actions but no luv button. 

Message 32 of 41
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed luv button

I'm not with PenFed, but thought CLI was through quarterly offers. For SP ones anyways. A call would result in HP.

Message 33 of 41
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

It should be a soft pull, I was just approved yesterday for the Platinum Rewards card.

I'm hoping they use the same pull.   

Message 34 of 41
rostrow416
Established Contributor

I think you're too new.  I got in with Penfed a little after you did, and I don't have a luv button anywhere either.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 35 of 41
bilwilvegas
Regular Contributor

The request CLI link just showed up for the PCR card I opened on 12/27/2020  The SL was low at $1,500 as I have not used credit for 15+ years except for a single mortgage.  My EQ9 currently shows as 834 and AAoA is 10 years 5 months.  I started to open card accounts back in Sept of 2019 and now have 8 total cards and one car loan showing along with my 19 year old mortgage.  Highest limit is DCU Visa reward with $10,000 limit.  Other significant cards are AMEX Gold and Platinum.  I spend an average of close to $3,000 per month on the PenFed card (they take forever to update credit limit after each payment and I pay daily to keep as much available credit as possible.)  I spend around $10K - $15K monthly combined on the two AMEX cards.  I really want to get my Pen Fed limit up.  My DTI is extremely low and I am more than happy to verify income for them.  I also carry large liquid balances in my investment accounts and several checking / savings accounts so liquidity and payment should not be a concern. 

My 6 month anniversary is on 6/27 ( a few weeks from now ).  Should I wait until after the 6 month mark?  Should I call and request a loan officer to explain my situation and offer to submit income verification?  Would a live conversation be more likely to get me what I am after?  I have a lot of large expenses coming up for an out of the country wedding and would love to be able to use this card to pay for them.  I am hoping to get them to increase me to their $25,000 max for a single card.  This limit will allow me to make several of the payments i need to make (The venue does not accept AMEX).  Hoping for some insight to guide me on the best path here.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can all offer.

Bill

Message 36 of 41
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bilwilvegas wrote:

The request CLI link just showed up for the PCR card I opened on 12/27/2020  The SL was low at $1,500 as I have not used credit for 15+ years except for a single mortgage.  My EQ9 currently shows as 834 and AAoA is 10 years 5 months.  I started to open card accounts back in Sept of 2019 and now have 8 total cards and one car loan showing along with my 19 year old mortgage.  Highest limit is DCU Visa reward with $10,000 limit.  Other significant cards are AMEX Gold and Platinum.  I spend an average of close to $3,000 per month on the PenFed card (they take forever to update credit limit after each payment and I pay daily to keep as much available credit as possible.)  I spend around $10K - $15K monthly combined on the two AMEX cards.  I really want to get my Pen Fed limit up.  My DTI is extremely low and I am more than happy to verify income for them.  I also carry large liquid balances in my investment accounts and several checking / savings accounts so liquidity and payment should not be a concern. 

My 6 month anniversary is on 6/27 ( a few weeks from now ).  Should I wait until after the 6 month mark?  Should I call and request a loan officer to explain my situation and offer to submit income verification?  Would a live conversation be more likely to get me what I am after?  I have a lot of large expenses coming up for an out of the country wedding and would love to be able to use this card to pay for them.  I am hoping to get them to increase me to their $25,000 max for a single card.  This limit will allow me to make several of the payments i need to make (The venue does not accept AMEX).  Hoping for some insight to guide me on the best path here.

Bill

@bilwilvegas - I would wait until you've passed the 6-month mark for best results.  If your account doesn't yield any pre-approved offers (which can include a CLI, auto loans, new loan products, etc.), then you can proceed with submitting your CLI request.  Keep in mind this will result in a HP.

Given the initial $1.5K SL, it is doubtful they'll increase it to $25K.  Unfortunately, there isn't an option to speak with an UW.  Most calls are usually handled by frontline agents who can typically relay any information to the UW team if necessary.  If your request is not approved, then you can explore your options at that point.

Message 37 of 41
bilwilvegas
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@bilwilvegas wrote:

Bill

@bilwilvegas - I would wait until you've passed the 6-month mark for best results.  If your account doesn't yield any pre-approved offers (which can include a CLI, auto loans, new loan products, etc.), then you can proceed with submitting your CLI request.  Keep in mind this will result in a HP.

Given the initial $1.5K SL, it is doubtful they'll increase it to $25K.  Unfortunately, there isn't an option to speak with an UW.  Most calls are usually handled by frontline agents who can typically relay any information to the UW team if necessary.  If your request is not approved, then you can explore your options at that point.

Thank you for the reply.  I will definitely wait until the 6 month mark.  I only have $20,000 sitting with them.  If I raised my balance to $100,000 would that possibly influence them to give me the increase?

Thanks!

Bill

Message 38 of 41
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bilwilvegas wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@bilwilvegas wrote:

Bill

Thank you for the reply.  I will definitely wait until the 6 month mark.  I only have $20,000 sitting with them.  If I raised my balance to $100,000 would that possibly influence them to give me the increase?

Thanks!

Bill

Hard to say if that would influence their decision.  That would be the UW's call based on your overall profile, PenFed history, income, DTI, CRA data, internal factors, etc.  Personally, I wouldn't transfer that much just to 'buy' CL "love", but that's just me.

Message 39 of 41
bilwilvegas
Regular Contributor

When no quarterly SP offers showed up today I took the risk and requested the CLI knowing I would get a HP for it.

The result was worth it :-)  Details in a new post on the credit card approvals board.  Just wanted to post this as a follow up after so many of you offered advice to my question in this thread.

PenFed approval.JPG

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.