Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Can't Pull Equifax

tag
Luxeedee
New Contributor

PenFed Can't Pull Equifax

I just applied for PenFed to finish my Summer Spree (Applied and got approval form PSECU and Elan). I wanted to get all 4 applications done on one day.  PenFed says:

We have attempted to access your credit report from Equifax but were unable to do so due to one of the following:

•     
You have frozen access to your credit report from Equifax. You will be receiving instructions via preferred communication channel to allow us to access this report. You will be prompted to alert us when the bureau is no longer frozen

•     
The application you submitted recently follows another application submission. In these situations, PenFed does not request subsequent credit bureaus. We will be in contact regarding your original request soon.

•     
The Credit Bureau is experiencing technical difficulties. You need not do anything at this time, and we will contact the bureau and retry later. Just know that your application won't be immediately processed.

I have not frozen Equifax. I have noticed that I have not been able to get my credit rating from them in about a year though.
Has any one else had a problem like this?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pgates
Regular Contributor

Re: PenFed Can't Pull Equifax

Had the exact same issue, took me a few weeks of calling and escalating the issue to a supervisor. Root cause was never disclosed but after several calls and opening up an IT ticket they were able to pull. Now I have access to my credit scores as well. For years , I was receiving the same error. I was told they had never seen this before. Make sure the address on your equifax is the exact address listed in your PenFed account profile. I was also told it had to be a physical address no P.O. Box this and could have contributed to my issue. The CSR will try to convince you that you have a freeze or no score at all. Insist a call back from a supervisor and explain that you need to open a IT ticket to resolve this issue. It will take a few weeks but make sure you get the supervisor info to follow up. The person I dealt with was extremely thorough and followed up with me with periodic updates. Hope this helps!  

AAFCU CB Sig Visa $8k | Wells Fargo Autograph Visa $5k | Citi Custom Cash $5k | Wells Fargo Active Cash $15k | GS Apple Card $7.5k | NFCU Cash Rewards $18.5k | NFCU More Rewards $1k | BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards $1K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa $5100 | Venmo Visa $5k | Sams Club MC $2.5k | GS GM Rewards card $3k | AMEX BCP $1k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover IT CB $3K | AMEX Business Cash $5k | Wells Fargo Business Platinum Rewards $5K | GM Business MC $8.5k | Phillips66 Conoco 76 Fleet Card $1k | Fuelman MC fleet card $5K | Exxon Mobile Fleet Card $9k
Message 2 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Likely a split equifax file.  Call them and pleasd for someone to esclate it.  Can be a nightmare to get fixed.

Message 3 of 10
Luxeedee
New Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Likely a split equifax file.  Call them and pleasd for someone to esclate it.  Can be a nightmare to get fixed.

I would not be surprised.  I am looking through my credit reports and they have my live-in exbf phone number listed as mine.  They also have my mother's old address listed as mine. I'm disputing the old info to clean up the file.

Message 4 of 10
PapaTunde
Established Contributor

A few years ago, I had a problem with EQ.  Not only couldnt lenders pull my report, but CK couldnt get it either,

Took a few months to fix it

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 5 of 10
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

I have a list of addresses on my reports going back to the 1980's. also every employer going back to the 1980's.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@PapaTunde wrote:

A few years ago, I had a problem with EQ.  Not only couldnt lenders pull my report, but CK couldnt get it either,

Yup I have issues with Eq forever. Some lenders can't access it but hen I ant to test it I use Penfed lol. Go figure, they never miss a hp, er beatSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Luxeedee
New Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@PapaTunde wrote:

Yup I have issues with Eq forever. Some lenders can't access it but hen I ant to test it I use Penfed lol. Go figure, they never miss a hp, er beatSmiley Happy

Hey AJC! I'm in a Summer Spree in your honor! Smiley Tongue  I called PenFed this morning and they said they were able to get through and get my file. Now I'm waiting on the yea or nay tomorrow.  I apped 6 cards, 2 on each CRA, all on one day. So far I got 2 confirmed approvals and the other 4 are in some form of validation/processing.  Now, I am done and am going to garden until January.

Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Luxeedee wrote:

@PapaTunde wrote:

Hey AJC! I'm in a Summer Spree in your honor! Smiley Tongue  I called PenFed this morning and they said they were able to get through and get my file. Now I'm waiting on the yea or nay tomorrow.  I apped 6 cards, 2 on each CRA, all on one day. So far I got 2 confirmed approvals and the other 4 are in some form of validation/processing.  Now, I am done and am going to garden until January.

Lol, 😊 That's great. I wish the best on getting approved on all of themSmiley Happy.  Penfed has been really good to people this last year unlike some other banks/CUs. So I'm pretty happy with them. Look forward to your approval threadsSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
Luxeedee
New Contributor

Aaaargh! No dice.  I made an error and did not check my EQ CRA in advance.  I thought it would be as up to date as Experian, which I did check in advance.  EQ is still reporting old info.  So, my 22% usage was too high for PenFed.  I'm down to 2% and I would argue for recon, but they also don't like this:

Length of time accounts have been established
• Length of time revolving accounts have been established
• Lack of recent installment loan information

Only time will cure the first objection.  The closest thing I have to an installment loan is my student loan that is not reporting. 

Looks like I have to wait another 6-12  months to try again.  At least I got a yes from Elan and PSECU.  That's progress!

@Luxeedee wrote:

@PapaTunde wrote:

Lol, 😊 That's great. I wish the best on getting approved on all of themSmiley Happy.  Penfed has been really good to people this last year unlike some other banks/CUs. So I'm pretty happy with them. Look forward to your approval threadsSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.