Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Gold Visa Pre-Approval

tag
RSX
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed Gold Visa Pre-Approval

Your scores are very good and shows your rebuilding has been successful - congrats!

with the card line up you already have, you shouldn't give in to the lure of 'hey they want me'

you have already succeeded.  So if you need a BT card, go for it

but if you don't, just enjoy the preapproval and let it lie.  It should make you feel good

maybe drop the OpenSky and Overstock cards, as it seems you have easily made it past them.  

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 21 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
Ok. So I need to read in Personal Finance. Thanks @FinStar

Sure, anytime @Rebuild2019 - below is the thread for additional reference:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Penfed-Membership-No-hard-pull/td-p/5983332

Message 22 of 30
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Thanks @RSX. Your words mean a lot. I am happy with my rebuild. You are right I should let OpenSky go. I keep saying I am going to and don’t. It did serve it’s purpose and I had zero issues with them. Overstock I have been using as padding, but I should think about letting them go too. I think I enjoyed getting my first big pre-approval from PenFed. Thanks

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 23 of 30
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
Thanks @RSX. Your words mean a lot. I am happy with my rebuild. You are right I should let OpenSky go. I keep saying I am going to and don’t. It did serve it’s purpose and I had zero issues with them. Overstock I have been using as padding, but I should think about letting them go too. I think I enjoyed getting my first big pre-approval from PenFed. Thanks

let those sub prime cards go and move on to the big time! Your rebuild is in a great place

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 24 of 30
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Thanks @1GaDawg85. This is why I love this forum!

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan

Message 25 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I joined Penfed last summer while trying to decide on auto loan. It was SP. 

I ended up not going with Penfed, and I haven't logged in since 😐

Close Open Sky, it did what it was supposed to do. You have no use for it, and they have your money. 

Message 26 of 30
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Thanks @Remedios I will close OpenSky tomorrow. I am happy with where I am right now. Not sure what I will do with the PenFed. I think I have until March to decide.

Message 27 of 30
mgood
Valued Contributor

It won't be more than 17.99% APR because that is the highest interest they offer.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 18
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 28 of 30
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

@Remedios I closed OpenSky and removed them from my signature. Thanks for giving me that little push I needed 🙂

Message 29 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
@RemediosI closed OpenSky and removed them from my signature. Thanks for giving me that little push I needed 🙂

Excellent!

Onto better things now. Congrats on your rebuild so far! 

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.