Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed I am in! Finally! Update NO IM NOT IN 😡😡😡

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed I am in! Finally!

Thanks all but i logged into my account last night after getting an email and my approval is gone and the account now says under review. They sent me a letter about my credit score and it was higher than I thought at 698. I called and they said I need to sign some CC authorization form which I signed electronically but they said they can’t acceot that then why send it to me? I sent back another form but don’t have a good feeling about this at all... how do you approve someone and the. Say oh it’s now under review. I am obviously new to PenFed but if that’s how they operate then I am really not interested in dealing with them...
Message 11 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes, this is Penfed. But it sounds like you need to e sign the paperwork to get the cc. Thats normal. Penfed wont send anything unless their paperwork is signed.

I wouldnt sd Disco. 6k limit is pretty good and eventually you will get nice increases. They have no rhyme or reason which makes them a headache and quite fun lol. Some think if you force thousands of spend a month it will force a cli . Not necessarily true but it cant hurt. I smash everyday and eventually they relent to something haha.

My distaste for Pendread is well known here but i sincerely hope they work out for youSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 20
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

They use EQ F9 that’s why it’s higher than what you thought your F8 score was. And being under review doesn’t mean taken away. Just snail mail them back the signature page if e-signing doesn’t work out.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I spent like half hour plus on hold this morning the rep was talking to the loan officer and she came back and told me my application was locked for some reason I’m guessing a technical issue and they were unable to do anything with it and she said call back Monday... I logged in earlier and found that the original app was withdrawn and a new one was created with the same original approval info so I breathed a sigh of relief... won’t be totally convinced until the card shows and it’s activated ...
Message 14 of 20
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed I am in! Finally! Update NO IM NOT IN 😡😡😡

A similar situation happened to a friend of mine a few months ago. In her case they made a counter of PowerCash Rewards instead of PathFinder and her SL was $1500 instead. I hope you are in and that they are just taking care of some UW housekeeping issues. 

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke too soon logged in and again under review I honestly give up and am done calling there.. if they offer me the card with a low limit they can keep it I’m not interested in a $1509 limit bc the card will never be used ... they are honestly a mess and their CSR are somewhat rude and completely unknowledgeable it seems as they cannot answer the most basic questions I have asked... at this point I am pretty over the whole experience as I have never been jerked around d like this by any bank or credit union... I bank with a local credit union with one credit pull and one paystub and an appraisal I got a $35k home equity loan with zero hassle... just redo a car loan for a lower rate did it all over the phone they sent me some forms to e sign and boom done in less than 24 hours.. gave me a $10K limit credit card a couple months ago too no questions asked approved almost immediately ... I have seen great reviews of PenFed but from my extremely limited experience they seem like a hot mess !!
Message 16 of 20
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to hear all the trouble OP. It appears they have done a complete overhaul with underwriting and CS reps since the beginning of the year and it’s been a bad one.
Hopefully it works out and you get the card.
Message 17 of 20
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

just so unimpressed with them

Maybe it is just meMaybe it is just me

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 18 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have read a few articles about how many of the csr's working there hate it and are always under pressure. There was one story about Pendread closing down one of their buildings, i think in Cali or something, and were " relocating 100 employees to a central hub in Texas. Many couldnt just lift up shop as they had family where they were working and in other ways felt they were being let go, especially if they didnt t as ke the transfer. Just something to think of. As per usual its slways the little guys thst suffer while the big wigs swim in all the moneySmiley Sad
Message 19 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As OP is now getting the card, this thread is closed to further comments. Approval is here

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/PenFed-am-I-good-to-go/td-p/5702896
Message 20 of 20
† Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.