Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed/NFCU CLI??? When to Try?

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: PenFed/NFCU CLI??? When to Try?

I have the penfed gold card I applied for a second card 30 days after first approval instantly approved. Hubby has gold card as well did the same thing denied.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my Penfed PCR last July and got a CLI in November, but was turned down in March; I'm probably going to wait to see if anything comes up in the quarterly offers before trying again (which means early July).

So, with Penfed, you tried after 4 months for your first CLI? [Approved] then tried four months later for another [Denied]? Is this correct? Did you purposed wait till four months vs 3 months, initially?

More precisely, I tried in September (denied because it was too soon after opening), then in early November (approved), then waited four more months and tried again in March (denied). I'm now thinking to wait for July because that's when the card ages to 1 year old and I want to see if they give me a CLI or other offer around then.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Check your FICO score on NFCU and when they update it, that is a good time to apply. That is what I did for my CLI with my NFCU AmX card. SP, too. I did it at six months.  Just my take on it. Good luck. Smiley Happy

Ok, checked NFCU this morning, low and behold Fico updated TODAY to 707. It's been 3 months though. Should I request increase now or later?

Your call. I waited a couple of months longer, but not sure that was necessary. Let us know how it goes.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit score with transunion is 614 and Experian 644 should I apply for carecredit
Message 14 of 16
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Eww... Thread necromancy.

You should post a new thread. This one is old, and not related to your question.
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ardecko wrote:
Eww... Thread necromancy.

You should post a new thread. This one is old, and not related to your question.

I noticed the dates, but soon as I got to that post I thought I mis-read everything else.  LOL

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.