Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Policy on 90 HP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Policy on 90 HP

So I have been reading these boards extensively lately and have gotten a lot of mixed reviews on PenFed HP policy. I heard that they can use one HP  for applications anywhere from 30-90 days. At the same time I have read some members of getting HP 2-3 times for each app. So I messaged customer service and received this reply.

Thank you for contacting PenFed.

Our records indicate we did pull a full credit report from Equifax when your
membership was established. Typically we can use the same credit report as we
will keep the credit report on file for up to 90 days. However, please keep in
mind it is a the loan officers desecration if an additional credit report pull
is required.

If you need further assistance, please contact us.

Just thought anyone interested or trying to save themselves from HP should know!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed Policy on 90 HP

The 90 day pull is a ymmv kinda thing. If they feel a need to see a more updated view of your report, they're going to pull again. 

Message 2 of 8
Appleman
Valued Contributor

When I read the title I thought, what is PenFed's policy on 90 inquiries......

90 Day policy makes more sense

Message 3 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Definitely ymmv. It would be nice if they can tell you ahead of time when you app for something else.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 8
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Thanks for posting this. I'm in the garden now but have been planning to apply with PenFed when I exit in a few months. I'll be looking to close a few low usage cards, open a couple of new ones and get a car loan. The single pull over 90 days was very appealing.

More than enough credit.
Message 5 of 8
nitrov
Established Contributor

it largely depends on what products you're applying for. If you app for a CC, you have 90 days to app for a CLI using the same pull MOST of the time. You can also use the same app for a PLOC or another new credit card usually. The only times this is NOT the case is often when you're applying for a totally different product, like a home equity loan or a mortgage. Auto loans usually use the HP from within 90 days, but for some larger amounts (over $30k) they sometimes do another HP. 

Hope that helps!

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 6 of 8
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@nitrov wrote:

it largely depends on what products you're applying for. If you app for a CC, you have 90 days to app for a CLI using the same pull MOST of the time. You can also use the same app for a PLOC or another new credit card usually. The only times this is NOT the case is often when you're applying for a totally different product, like a home equity loan or a mortgage. Auto loans usually use the HP from within 90 days, but for some larger amounts (over $30k) they sometimes do another HP. 

Hope that helps!

It definitely does. Thanks!

More than enough credit.
Message 7 of 8
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

I got them to bump up my promise visa from 500 SL  to 3K on same pull.

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.