Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Promise Deny, Recon waiting

tag
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed Promise Deny, Recon waiting

Yep, they encouraged to continue to rebuild score, and try again in a couple months.

They keep their credit reports on file for 30 days.

Message 11 of 31
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Not eligible for NFCU

Message 12 of 31
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I think it’s time to garden @hockeypnc1. And two pieces of advice:

1. Stop comparing your profile to others. Not only will your mileage vary, there could possibly be some embellishment in other posts. There are just way too many variables at play to compare.

2. CCCs keep records of every single time you call. You don’t want your name to be the one that CSRs roll their eyes about when they hear your name. And, you don’t want to appear desperate by not wanting to accept “no” for an answer.

Gardening for a minimum of 6 months and getting your scores to 680 will put you in a stronger position for approval.

GL2U.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 31
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Scores are nearing 650, according to CreditKarma, thanks to a nice $830 payment to my Discover card, bringing it down from over 60 percent to about 32 percent utilization.

Message 14 of 31
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

CK scores are not reliable—only good for monitoring purposes. Get your FICO scores so you know for sure.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

Scores are nearing 650, according to CreditKarma, thanks to a nice $830 payment to my Discover card, bringing it down from over 60 percent to about 32 percent utilization.

While Credit Karma is great for monitoring your reports do not rely on it for accurate scores.

Get real FICO scores before you apply again to see where you stand. 

I recommend the www.creditchecktotal.com $1 trials. All 3 FICO 8 scores plus 6 more industry scores from Experian. Just don't forget to downgrade your membership to $0 basic within the first 7 days.

Message 16 of 31
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

I have FICO 8 score for Transunion provided by Discover

I have FICO 8 score for Experian provided by their free app

They just aren't updated as often as I would like and are not showing the lower utilization rate that I currently have. 

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

I have FICO 8 score for Transunion provided by Discover

I have FICO 8 score for Experian provided by their free app

They just aren't updated as often as I would like and are not showing the lower utilization rate that I currently have. 

Sorry to say but just because you see an increase in Vantage scores doesn't mean your FICO scores will follow. The two models are based on different criteria and they won't necessarily correlate. 

If you feel you need more frequent updates I would still suggest you stick with products that give real FICO scores.

Many banks and credit unions give free scores. 

Here is a good list https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/UNOFFICIAL-LIST-of-credit-cards-and-which-sco...

There are services that give FICO scores for a fee as well. And I do again recommend creditchecktotal.com

$1 for 9 different FICO scores is quite a bargain.

Maybe someone else can chime in about others like myFICO credit monitoring since I dont have experience with them myself.

Message 18 of 31
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

I do have a DCU card and it looks like they offer a FICO 8 score (according to that chart in that link)

I just need to figure out how to log-in to the DCU website, since I am a new member and don't know my member ID or password.

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe DCU is EQ 5, the score used for mortgages.

I opened a savings/checking there myself a couple months ago but I haven't gotten a score from them yet.
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.