Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed denial

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed denial

Sorry for the denial but maybe a different outcome down the road. As stated already, your mileage may vary. All you have to do is read the approval threads for any card to see this. It can be a guessing game at times.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed denial **UPDATE: APPROVED!!!**

Today, on a Sunday, I received an email that said congrats, card is on its way. This was after I spoke to them on Friday, was told denied. Called in today and was advised that a counter offer was approved, 5K for the Visa Plat. rewards Sig. 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that rocks! Congratulations! See you in the approvals forum!

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's already there. Do I change my signature now to include PenFed or must I wait?

Message 14 of 16
westcoastpeach1965
New Contributor

Congrats!
Starting Score: 660
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 16
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@westcoastpeach1965 wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

@westcoastpeach1965 wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

I'm curious how many Inquires you had? It helps with Penfed if you have few, and not many recent.

Not sure I agree with this as I had about 10 within 2 months at that time and got their top two cards.

YMMV kind of thing. Not set in stone plus the OP's score aren't rock solid so they might have more of an effect. But yours are similar so what do I know.. Smiley Happy

My scores might not be "rock solid" yet, but I did manage to get two nice PenFed cards, so apparently, that's not all they're looking at.

Never said that. But it helps and people with higher scores have got no success. That's why I said YMMV.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.