Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed fico score 9

tag
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

PenFed fico score 9

Well my fico 9 score finally appeared on PenFeds main site. It went up a bit from when I was first approved to 752 from 744. Not dramatic but I will take it. Now I guess what I am wondering is for those of you who have had this as well. I read in one of these many many posts on here that if your FICO score shows up it is a good indication of some SP offers to come in the next quarter October that would be. Can anyone confirm that? I have heard or read several other posts from people who never got their FICO score to show up and then didn’t get any offers. I am currently gardening so won’t app for anything that takes a HP but I sure as heck would take one using a SP. Got to wait for October I guess.
5 REPLIES 5
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed fico score 9

With PenFed you are kind of on probation for the first 6 months.  You won't get any CLI's or offers in that time.  Some report that it takes a year of history with them to start seeing some love.  It is a good thing they are so generous with their SL.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined PenFed and openes the power cash card in December of 2017 - SL of $10,000.  I got my first offers in June 2018.  One of which was a CLI to $44,200 which I accepted.    Once I accepted that offer, all other offers discappeared.

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@rbentley wrote:

With PenFed you are kind of on probation for the first 6 months.  You won't get any CLI's or offers in that time.  Some report that it takes a year of history with them to start seeing some love.  It is a good thing they are so generous with their SL.

Really? Good to know , going on year 2.5 , looking forward to their generous loveSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I joined PenFed and openes the power cash card in December of 2017 - SL of $10,000.  I got my first offers in June 2018.  One of which was a CLI to $44,200 which I accepted.    Once I accepted that offer, all other offers discappeared.

Nice, only 5.8 k left of juice to squeezeSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Heh.

I have been with Penfed since I started this journey, opening up a share account there back in 2012 though I was in some funky state; applied for a PLOC and got approved in the back half of 2015 and my credit until recently has been up up up, but I haven't not ever gotten a pre-approval from Penfed.

Basically a unicorn for me; I don't think there's any pattern to who gets pre-approvals or not frankly, certainly not tied to increases in FICO scores.  Fact is a 10 point shift isn't enough to materially change your risk profile for most things, so why would it change Penfed's lending criteria?  Maybe if you trip over a UW boundary, but that's certainly not every 10 points or whatever.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.