Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed - pending status

tag
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

PenFed - pending status

So I cold app for a PenFed Rewards Thursday evening and it gave me a pending underwriting review status ... anyone know what this means ?

Last year I applied and got a INSTANT decline, now fast forward a year my score is in the mid 680 Equifax ( which they pulled ), and when I logged in, under products it only gave me an option to apply for this card ONLY.

As of now ... still “Underwriter review”

Any thoughts ?

Thank you all in advance .

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed - pending status

That's exactly what it means. The request is referred to UW for review.

Some applications can be approved or denied almost immediately while others will route into pending mode for further review which can also result in being declined or approved if you meet their UW criteria.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed pulls FICO 09. I had slightly over a 700 EQ and they denied me after review. Recently opened accounts was probably a factor in their decision as well.
Message 3 of 8
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Thank you !

I believe it be a decline for me then. I have a LOT OF RECENT open accounts 😊

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I believe if one apps with limited accounts , or not alot of recent accounts, and not a ton of credit , one is more li ki ely to get more credit from Penfed. Seems they dont like those with tons of credit in many cases though ymmv as alwaysSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 8
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Decline ..... TOO MANY RECENT 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go figure! Screw PenFed! That is all i hear on the board since I got denied by these jokers! "Well, PenFed denied you so.."! So WHO CARES?! I was approved by other financial institutions. PenFed honestly is not all that! 

Thanks for the update though - I was pulling for you!  Better luck next time! 

Message 7 of 8
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

How many new accounts in the last 6/12 months?
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.