cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed: what is considered too much new credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed: what is considered too much new credit?

EQ 813 TU 732 EX 725

Zero debt; $50k avail

I applied for Citi AA card this morning and was approved; pretty sure they used EQ (which does not show my Jan 2010 ch 7 BK).  I'm also in the process of obtaining auto financing, not sure what bureau they'll pull. That will also happen today.

I would LOVE to apply for the PenFed (someone suggested this since my EQ score is so high), but worried they'll consider it too much credit extension (something about a pyramid or egyptian crime Smiley Very Happy)....although, the other 1-2 mentioned above probably won't even be reported this soon, right?

Should I cool my jets or go for it since the HPs probably won't be captured yet?

2 REPLIES 2
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Re: PenFed: what is considered too much new credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ 813 TU 732 EX 725

Zero debt; $50k avail

I applied for Citi AA card this morning and was approved; pretty sure they used EQ (which does not show my Jan 2010 ch 7 BK).  I'm also in the process of obtaining auto financing, not sure what bureau they'll pull. That will also happen today.

I would LOVE to apply for the PenFed (someone suggested this since my EQ score is so high), but worried they'll consider it too much credit extension (something about a pyramid or egyptian crime Smiley Very Happy)....although, the other 1-2 mentioned above probably won't even be reported this soon, right?

Since you are auto shopping I think these type of inquiries all count as one. I would apply Penfed for the Auto, once approved, I would apply for another line of credit or credit card within the 30 day window, since they would use the same HP for that.

@Anonymous

Should I cool my jets or go for it since the HPs probably won't be captured yet?

The HPs register right away so my guess is they are already showing for whatever you applied for.

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 2 of 3
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed: what is considered too much new credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ 813 TU 732 EX 725

Zero debt; $50k avail

I suggest you apply for your Auto loan with Penfed and after approval. Tell them you'd like to apply for a credit card.

It's all on the same pull. So you have nothing to lose either way. They will do the pull for membership regardless.

I recieved SP preapprovals and personal loan recently. My personal credit or what shows on the reports is around a half million in open trade lines. 

I think you'll be fine. Once you build solid history with Penfed. They'll offer you all sorts of credit products IME.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.