Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending Wells Fargo Propel App

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pending Wells Fargo Propel App

Don't give up so easily.  Stranger things have happened before.  Disputing the repo as closed/PIF should result in changing the coding or removal.  If at first you don't succeed try try again.  

The Collection account might stick around longer unless you can negotiate for PIF / delete with the OC / CA... 3K to get it removed is worth more than not dealing with it.  IF you've already paid it then some leverage is lost but, a goodwill letter might get it removed.  Collections aren't as much of a sting to the approval process as they age.  

If anything this gives you something to work on in the garden.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

If anything this gives you something to work on in the garden.

You are correct. It just frustrates me that I spent about an hour this morning calling 3 different companies for a credit card decline that I knew I was getting.  I feel stupid for getting that HP.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't feel stupid.... it's just part of the process that prompts more questions.  It's a learning process and sure some of us can spit out the answer w/o thinking about it too much but, it comes with experience.  99% of the people here have probably experienced something similar over their years of building up their portfolio of credit.

Now that you've gone through it you'll know what to look for on the next one or even get them removed.  If they're close to expiring off your reports you can do an "early exclusion" request ahead of time 3-6 months early to boost your profile even further.  

WF is kind of funky when it comes to approvals anyway.  Some seem to think they're relationship based but, they're not because there have been profiles I would have pushed an approval on but were denied for a checking balance.  They're a bit conservative in comparison when giving out limits though as I managed $7500 from them when others handed me 20K+ at the same time.

It's an alright card if you have a specific plan for it and the $300 bonus was my reason not the other perks.  They even denied the charges because it was a new card and thought it was fraud so had to call them before even being able to really use it.  Since then though there hasn't been any problems with dealing with them or the card.  It's nice though now that they have the points eraser like redemption method in place instead of the increments they used to have.

There are other options out there though with similar benefits if you want to go sniping with specific CR pulls.  There's even a couple of places that on the pre-approval screen tell you what your CL / APR will be before you actually hit submit and get the HP.  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.