Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed CLI ??

tag
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Penfed CLI ??

Great afternoon My Fico Fam😀

I have a question, how is Penfed with CLI? For example if you apply and the SL is on the low side like $3500. Can you ask for more? Just a question

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Penfed CLI ??

For the people who are on their DO lend list, their cli can be quite good. For those they dont deem worthy, trying to get cli is like pulling teethSmiley Wink. In my experience, $3500 isnt really low sl but then again its subjective. PF has been giving out crazy limits and cli recently so if you did actually get an approval from them, id say worth a shot to ask for more if you need it. Just mhoSmiley Wink

Message 2 of 11
wingennis
Valued Contributor

I was approved with a 3500 SL.  A year later, I took a hard pull and they increased to $15k.  They said no soup before that.

Message 3 of 11
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Their CL allocation is income driven. The more dough, the more soup! Granting, that you've made it past their UW of course.

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a PenFed Power Cash Rewards card for 7 months with a $7500 starting limit. I'd like to get it to $17,500 so I am paying off ALL credit cards to zero except 1. How can I request a soft pull for a CLI on this card? I'm buying a house soon and don't want the hard pull. Can I send a direct message? I have over $50,000 in my savings at PenFed. Will that help influence my CLI? Any help is much appreciated. Income $70k. 

Message 5 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a PenFed Power Cash Rewards card for 7 months with a $7500 starting limit. I'd like to get it to $17,500 so I am paying off ALL credit cards to zero except 1. How can I request a soft pull for a CLI on this card? I'm buying a house soon and don't want the hard pull. Can I send a direct message? I have over $50,000 in my savings at PenFed. Will that help influence my CLI? Any help is much appreciated. Income $70k. 

AFAIK it's always a hard pull with PenFed

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 6 of 11
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

I believe I started 2 years ago at $6,500

Had to wait 20 months then they offered 

a CLI or a new card approval. Took the CLI,

$2,300.00 IIRC

and apped for the Promise card. Got 12K on that.

A few months later got the Gold card at 10K 

Like @AverageJoesCredit said they seem to

be more open to lending lately.

Good luck,

Cheers

Message 7 of 11
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the information

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

my experience with PenFed,  I had a bk7 discharge in August 2018.  In July 2019 PenFed gave me a 1200 SL.  July 2020 I applied for a CLI through the website application and was given a credit line of 15,000.   I got a hard credit pull from that applciation for credit line increase from equifax.

Message 9 of 11
RootDet
Established Contributor

Just so everyone knows, IF you ask for the increase, it is a hard pull, no doubts, no questions.

If they offer you a CLI during the quarterly preapprovals, then it is a soft pull. Note that not everyone will ever see a quarterly preapproval. I have been a member for 5+ years, have never seen one which is odd, but it is what it is. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.