Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Denial / Approval

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Penfed Denial / Approval

Just want to add that ime, Penfed has become a relationship CU  in that as time goes by and they get to see your history with them and other creditors, they seem to warm up. My Penfed fiascos are well documented here throughout my credit journey and i was known to dislike them for different reasons but after 5 years +  , Penfed has really become one of my favorites. To note  i started out with a $500 Promise card that after a year i could only fight to  get it to $1500. This led me to eventually close this card. But in the end i gave Penfed another shot and after building up years of positive payment history and cc payments with my PCR that shockingly was approved last yeat, i now sit with $45k in credit with Penfed. As with Navy, i dont make $45k lol. Just an example where a small sl can lead given enough time.  

Message 11 of 13
Tapdnsr25
Valued Member

Thanks @AverageJoesCredit

Message 12 of 13
Tapdnsr25
Valued Member

So how's this for a DP?

I got a notification from MF that the inquiry for this had hit my EQ report...and my score went *UP* by 2 pts.

I assume something happened in the background since the last time the score updated which actually attributed to the change in score, and when the inquiry hit, it spurred an update, making it appear that the inquiry actually increased the score. But it's still funny. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.