Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Denied Promise Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed Denied Promise Visa

Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum just need some advice on my credit journey. here's a few detail about my credit history.

TU score 718 (credit karma) 751 (privacy guard)

Dicover card $19,000 open 1994 (Authorized User)

loan open 2014

Capone card  $500 open 01/18

EQ score 700 (credit karma) 690 (privacy guard)

Capone card $500 open 01/18

EX no score (privacy guard)

I recently got approved for credit one $300 and Dicover It $1000 thats not showing yet

I applied Penfed approved for membership checking/savings/overdraft protection $500

Applied for promise card and was denied 

what should be my next step? Please help

Also are there any CUs that pull TU only or at least for credit apps?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Penfed Denied Promise Visa

@Anonymouswrote:

Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum just need some advice on my credit journey. here's a few detail about my credit history.

loan open 2014

I recently got approved for credit one $300 and Dicover It $1000 thats not showing yet

I applied Penfed approved for membership checking/savings/overdraft protection $500

Your AU card helps with history, but it doesn't help your credit truly improve because if it's gone it'll tank your scores. I only count the loan and your capital one card as your credit mix currently. Your next step should be to reconn the application and get human eyeballs on it. Have you done this? 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You didnt need to apply for credit one, such a bad bank.  I would try AMEX ED or BCE.  You could try getting your own Discover as well.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkinswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

loan open 2014

Your AU card helps with history, but it doesn't help your credit truly improve because if it's gone it'll tank your scores. I only count the loan and your capital one card as your credit mix currently. Your next step should be to reconn the application and get human eyeballs on it. Have you done this? 

No I didn't try to reconn the application yet. How should I go about that? and they just sent me an email for survey and I explained that was disappointed in the decision made on the application. felt like I wasn't given a fair chance.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

You didnt need to apply for credit one, such a bad bank.  I would try AMEX ED or BCE.  You could try getting your own Discover as well.

I know I've heard so much about credit one just wanted to put something on my report. as for Amex don't they pull Ex? I don't have a score yet on Ex and I did get approved for my own Discover waiting for it to come in the mail.

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

To recon, you'll need to call them and ask them to reconsider the application.  They might have you sent in a letter with your signature explaining why you should be approved etc etc.

Edit: and also POI (proof of income)

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

To recon, you'll need to call them and ask them to reconsider the application.  They might have you sent in a letter with your signature explaining why you should be approved etc etc.

Edit: and also POI (proof of income)

Ok I'll do that now but do you think I have a chance?

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Won't hurt to try!

The two PenFed cards on my siggy were denied upon applying. I called and sent that letter and got approved for $5K each.  Then i talked to the Director lady and sent in my overtime stubs and she increased my cards to $7.5k each.  You just need to MAKE SURE you know your credit profile, why it is where it is and what are you going to do going forward to make it better and avoid past mistakes.  They want you to know you're confident and responsible!

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Won't hurt to try!

The two PenFed cards on my siggy were denied upon applying. I called and sent that letter and got approved for $5K each.  Then i talked to the Director lady and sent in my overtime stubs and she increased my cards to $7.5k each.  You just need to MAKE SURE you know your credit profile, why it is where it is and what are you going to do going forward to make it better and avoid past mistakes.  They want you to know you're confident and responsible!

Well I don't have any mistakes on there just everything is so new and only capone showing as my own card that was recently open. I'm so nervous and really don't know what to say

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely recon. Even if you don't get the card, you get a human to look at your report and application and tell you specifically what they are seeing that makes you not a suitable candidate for this product, and there may be a chance for you to fill in the gaps and provide some color on the things for which they are concerned. 

I would just call the customer service number. As someone said, they may ask you to send a letter and you may get a call since you completed the survey. I understand from the forum that they do not like getting low scores on the surveys. 

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.