Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed - Grace period between apps?

tag
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

Penfed - Grace period between apps?

Hi everyone,

In Feb I was approved for a PCR with a SL of $10,000. Today, I applied for a CLI because I received paper check BT offers and want to take advantage of it, but keep my util under 30% if possible. It's pending review - I had to upload my SS card and proof of residence, but it said pending approval and I'm assuming unless something goes terribly wrong, I will get some sort of increase. 

I would like to see if I qualify for a Gold card, though, possibly in addition while they have my hard pull on file. This way I can do a few BT and cancel all my toy limit cards to hopefully reach my AZEO goal by next year. And also because I'm greedy Smiley LOL

I don't want to rock the boat though during this time. 

any advice would be welcomed!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Penfed - Grace period between apps?

If approved for the CLI, I guess it would be safe to apply for a new card. Good luck on your application!

Message 2 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Old days you could do multiple apps on a single pull.  Then Penfed stopped doing that and even membership became an HP.  Now it seems like they are drifting back to allowing multiple apps again.

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 7
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

FWIW....I joined recently...it was a EQ SP for my membership....then app'd for the PCR, EQ HP and from app to email announcing approval took about 5 days...my SL was $15,000.  30 days later..yes I'm short on patience too....kept getting messages about the Gold Card and it's low APR...no preapprovals, just marketing...so decided to go for it....30 days to the day, app'd for the gold....took another 5 days and approved with another SL of $15,000 and lower APR than the PCR.   For the Gold, it was another EQ HP.  I had "thought" there was a likelihood they would have used the previous one...they did not.

I'm not recommending this strategy.  My DP's made it happen.  

Message 4 of 7
Vu
Frequent Contributor

I don't think there's any grace period.

I was approved for a Power Cash on 9/3.  On 9/4, I called in to ask about B/T, and right before we hang up, the CSR said this out of the blue:  If you need another card, let me know.  I told her thank you, but one is good for now.

Fast forward to 9/12.  I fingers got itchy, so I applied for the Platinum Reward card and get it approved on the next day with a new HP.

Message 5 of 7
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

I was denied the CLI on PCR for inquries/new accounts. Sent a "recon" message to them, explaining some of those inquiries were for my car and my goal was to use this card to BT and close other accts, and it's pending. Went ahead and app'd for the Gold Visa because I had nothing left to lose and it's pending. Only 1 HP so far.

Message 6 of 7
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Good luck @CreditJourney007 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.