Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed app: Is this positive indicator?

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Penfed app: Is this positive indicator?

Hi,? 

Via phone, i submitted an app for the PCR card last friday and it went to a pending status which it is still in. When i click on the application there is a 'continue' button that says 'Finalize Card' which allows me to select if I want to protect the debt with death, unemployment, etc insurance. 

Should I complete it? If so, should I do it before i call then to check on status with an attempt to push the review process along? Is that a positive sign that it will be improved?

I've had a checking and savings with them for about 1.5 years and this is my first time applying.

Appreciate your thoughts or experiences.

4 REPLIES 4
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed app: Is this positive indicator?

"Finalize Card" under status of application I believe is a conditional approval pending determination of SL and/or verification of income and some other pertinent information. You can go ahead and call them but I would much rather let it play out for now and wait for official notification from them.

Good Luck or rather Congrats in advance!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 2 of 5
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@JR_TX

Thanks for that info, very helpful. I will heed your advice and just wait to call. But I'm the meantime Should I complete that section which is all about debt protection and adding that 'insurance' police for death, illness, etc? I typically do add that to all my loans it cc's ir just wait til the official approval?

Message 3 of 5
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

I would Just complete the finalize card action and see what happens. That's what I had to do along with e-signing an agreement. It's a pretty painless process.

Message 4 of 5
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Aspireto850 wrote:

@JR_TX

Thanks for that info, very helpful. I will heed your advice and just wait to call. But I'm the meantime Should I complete that section which is all about debt protection and adding that 'insurance' police for death, illness, etc? I typically do add that to all my loans it cc's ir just wait til the official approval?

Yeah go ahead and finalize. 🙂

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.