CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed asking for paystubs

Early congrats on your approval 🤑

Message 11 of 15
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

(addicted_to_credit) your credit profile is incredible and inspiring, do you have any posts about where you started or how you got to where you are now? I'd be interested in reading it if so. I hope someday I can be there. 

Message 12 of 15
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

@kittycreditmeow wrote:

(addicted_to_credit) your credit profile is incredible and inspiring, do you have any posts about where you started or how you got to where you are now? I'd be interested in reading it if so. I hope someday I can be there. 

@kittycreditmeow 

I started @ around 15 with a four wheeler loan my grandfather co-signed on with me and was reglious about paying on time every time. Fast forward to 18-20 I had a couple of Amex's that I eventually voluntarily shut down in my mid 20's I had a credit meltdown (mainly maxed out cards and what not) that lasted a few years and got everything cleared up in time for my 30's thanks to this site (2010ish) and I went from mid 600's to mid 700's at that point. I was basking in credit glory at that point until late 2012, which is when my divorce happened I got an alert from my bank at the time while driving home from a hockey game... I got home to see what was up and low and behold my bank account was drained, credit cards were ran up nearly to the max(I didn't check them until it was time to make payments back then). Every payment I had made bounced for months due to the fraud alert on my bank accounts. Every lender at that time shutdown my cards and you can imagine the spiraling for the next several months. I gave up and lived life in the credit dumps for the next several years- paying off what I could and getting deleted. I had fairly clean reports around mid 2019 and used this site again for the first time in years and caught up with all the newness in the credit world. I started with pre approved/ pre qualify sites and went from 0 in available credit to to today's 352,750 in available credit in about a year to a year and a half. The only way it worked out like it has is I have a couple of positive accounts still reporting that are over 20 years old and when I started the credit marathon my AAOA was 15+ years. I cannot recommend what I've done to anyone and I understand that this has been somewhat of a unicorn experience. I've enjoyed great success and it has come to an end for now. There's a couple more cards that I want but I'm waiting for things to cool off. 

The best advice I can offer is pick your cards for your spending habits make a list of them and app for them in that order at a rate of no more than 2 per year, 1 ideally. The older your profile gets with more and more positive tradelines should yeild you better limits and terms. 

If I've left out anything or you have a specific question you can always send me a PM or tag me. Welcome to the forums!

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 13 of 15
TIPPY-BOB
Regular Contributor

Thanks for posting and sharing! Your last post stated "conditionally approved" ... but you never updated us whether you were approved and any details. Hope you got approved, and looking forward to your update.

Message 14 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.