Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed, internal score 797 tu 763 eq 762 ex 757 denied

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Penfed, internal score 797 tu 763 eq 762 ex 757 denied

Lol, we always here good things when they give out high limits as they used to do. My beef isnt about getting high limits with them but how they should treat all members with some respect and actually stick by their word when they say they want to see some history built up. How you manage your credit with them and other lenders should count for something. That's one reason we get scores to show how credit worthy we can be considered. In my experience this is not the case with PF, again, this is just my personal opinion.
Message 11 of 17
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I agree, sometimes they confuse me by how they treat some members. Must be a different person running that department compared to a few years ago.
Although Navy is just as wacky.😂
They'll give a member with a 600 score a $17k SL with the best rate. While the individual with near 800s will get a higher rate and lower SL. 🤣
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shahrazmm

Since you're qualified to join Pen Fed and Navy Fed but both of them

turned you down, you might want to give USAA a try if your goal is to

get in with a financial institution catering to military/vets/DOD civilians.

A quick heads up: I called USAA a couple of days ago and spoke to one of

their loan officers in the personal loan/credit card dept. USAA now HPs Experian,

not Equifax. Your scores are solid, so you shouldn't have any problems. But then

again, Pen Fed and Navy Fed shouldn't have given you any static either. Their loss,

your gain. Should you decide to app with USAA, please let us know how it turns out.

Like I said earlier, when one door closes, another one opens. Hang in there!!!

Message 13 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I'm not sure Op qualifies for Navy, said they love them but cant get them so not sure if Op is Military affiliated. You dont need any with Penfed
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly not military affiliated so dont qualify for either of those i had been hoping to get with penfed and finally just happily garden amd watch over my accounts as they grow lol but penfed gave me a slap on the wrist and said please try again sadface but i appreciate all the insight on what to do and thanks for everyone saying dont let it bother you to much lol
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never seen it phrased this way love it just had to share NOT GIVEN BY A PENFED REP

It wasn’t actually the score that underwriting is looking at. They actually look at the entire report itself and from what I see on here it was due to escalating debt, so basically too many account recently opened. Usually that can be under 2 years, they like to see 2+ years of payment history. The score for the most part will decide on the rate which is actually the lowest we offer

So overall the score is perfect its just the new accounts opened
Message 16 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol 2 years of payment history. Done and done, but I guess I can understand their view on debt but still they should be more willing to help their members. Ok I'm good hahaSmiley Wink
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.