Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed offers

tag
Trinzero
Contributor

Penfed offers

Hello MyFico Fam!

I hope this year is treating ya'll well! 

Wondering if anyone knows what is happening here. 

So Penfed is showing this:

20230127_045907.jpg

But when I click on apply it shows me:

20230127_050013.jpg

But no cards ever populate.  🤔

Any thought or guidance or commiseration welcome  😁

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: Penfed offers

It is a little strange but I'm guessing it's the gold card. If you did finish it you should get a message that it's approved if not you can also call them and ask.

Message 2 of 29
Trinzero
Contributor

@hawkins Thanks for the reply.

It doesnt give me an option to start the app, let alone finish lol It just shows what I posted. 

I probably wouldn't take the card anyhow but Id love to see the offer! 😁

Message 3 of 29
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Pretty well known that the PenFed "Preapproval" page/pop up is very glitchy and also comes and goes. While people see it or get it from time to time, I don't ever recall anyone actually being approved (at least since I've been paying attention to Penfed) from it. PenFed's technical website side period is very poor as well to me.

Just like I cold app'ed myself to them exactly two weeks ago today and it went to Review. Two hours later and after business hours they text and emailed and ask for POI, which I provided right then. An hour later I was approved but had to call in and get the details. Then I see all these posts about it taking people approved 30+ days to get their new card, yet mine came yesterday. Sadly, just no real rhyme or reason on stuff over there.

Message 4 of 29
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@bigseegar wrote:

Pretty well known that the PenFed "Preapproval" page/pop up is very glitchy and also comes and goes. While people see it or get it from time to time, I don't ever recall anyone actually being approved (at least since I've been paying attention to Penfed) from it. PenFed's technical website side period is very poor as well to me.

PenFed's website is absolute garbage.  The worst banking website I have seen anywhere.  EVER.  

3-4 months ago shortly after getting my gold card I had multiple pre-approvals and their website was crashed for days... leaving me unable to complete the apps.  A week or so later the pre-approvals were gone and they invited me to apply over the phone and I was of course denied.

Garbage.

PenFed can bite me.  Even with their upcoming website update from 1999 to 2023 hardware they still can't touch NFCU.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 5 of 29
wingennis
Valued Contributor

I also got this.  I could get the loan to populate but not the card.  I already have the PCR and Gold at 25k each so I figured it was a glitch.  The card offer was gone this morning but the loan was still there.  

Message 6 of 29
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I got the same 2 offers also. Was able to get the loan app to load but not the credit card. Would have been nice to finally get the last $3800 I need to make my Promise a $50k card. Smiley Wink

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 7 of 29
MrBEW
Regular Contributor

I contacted them via email about the glitch and was told to clear my cache............still did not work. 

Message 8 of 29
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I got the same 2 offers also. Was able to get the loan app to load but not the credit card. Would have been nice to finally get the last $3800 I need to make my Promise a $50k card. Smiley Wink

You are SO close!

Message 9 of 29
Rogue46
Established Contributor

@TRC_WA 

This is exactly why I don't bring more business to Penfed. The website is ancient and hard to navigate, No thanks

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.