Did you mean: 

Penfed offers

tag
7774x
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed offers

@Trinzero wrote:

Hello MyFico Fam!

I hope this year is treating ya'll well! 

Wondering if anyone knows what is happening here. 

So Penfed is showing this:

20230127_045907.jpg

But when I click on apply it shows me:

20230127_050013.jpg

But no cards ever populate.  🤔

Any thought or guidance or commiseration welcome  😁

Pre approved not always solid.. got one was denied..  2nd one went thru a  month later

Message 11 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Trinzero wrote:

Hello MyFico Fam!

I hope this year is treating ya'll well! 

Wondering if anyone knows what is happening here. 

So Penfed is showing this:

20230127_045907.jpg

But when I click on apply it shows me:

20230127_050013.jpg

But no cards ever populate.  🤔

Any thought or guidance or commiseration welcome  😁

Have you tried a different device? Also, if you have pop-up blocker, it won't open - ever. So, try a different device or pay attention to address bar once you click "apply" to see if built-in pop up blocker activates.  

But yeah, Penfed website do be glorified Word document. 

Message 12 of 29
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I got the same 2 offers also. Was able to get the loan app to load but not the credit card. Would have been nice to finally get the last $3800 I need to make my Promise a $50k card. Smiley Wink

Is Penfed still allowing cards up to 50K? I read that was a thing of the past.

Message 13 of 29
Trinzero
Contributor

Good suggestions all.  

Before posting, I tried a different browser (3), different device, turning off adblock, incognito, clearing cookies...

Nothing worked.  Both offers are still there on the main page and show when I go into credit score, it just wont show the details on the credit card, only the loan.  I guess its not meant to be that I see it!  🤷‍♂️

Message 14 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If you are interested, just apply. You will get same terms as pre-approval.

While pre-approvals are nice and cute, it ain't over until they do a HP, which you'd get with or without pre-approval. 

Message 15 of 29
Trinzero
Contributor

I have a 21k card with them and I was under the impression, from posts I have read here,  that the offers allowed the opportunity to CLI without HP.  Are these not sp offers? 

Mostly though I was just curious to see this imaginary offer!  😁

Message 16 of 29
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Trinzero wrote:

I have a 21k card with them and I was under the impression, from posts I have read here,  that the offers allowed the opportunity to CLI without HP.  Are these not sp offers? 

Mostly though I was just curious to see this imaginary offer!  😁

Used to be that way, I believe that is no longer the case. I believe @coldfusion can shed some more light on this.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 17 of 29
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yes...they used to extend targeted offers on Jan/Apr/Jul/Oct 1 for auto loans and/or a credit card or in some cases your choice of a card. Card offers had a defined SL, and if you accepted an offer it was only a soft pull.

If the offer listed a card you already held they processed it as a CLI on your existing card, not a 2nd card of the same type.

A few people got targeted offers after less than a year of membership but it was more common to have to wait closer to 2 years to start getting offers.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 18 of 29
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Yes...they used to extend targeted offers on Jan/Apr/Jul/Oct 1 for auto loans and/or a credit card or in some cases your choice of a card. Card offers had a defined SL, and if you accepted an offer it was only a soft pull.

If the offer listed a card you already held they processed it as a CLI on your existing card, not a 2nd card of the same type.

A few people got targeted offers after less than a year of membership but it was more common to have to wait closer to 2 years to start getting offers.

That's the way I thought offers work(ed) also. The offered me a card 4 years ago at twice the CL of the existing card (Promise) I had with them at the time of the offer. I opted to take it as a CLI and never received a HP. And I had been with them for less than a year at that time also.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 19 of 29
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@CerebralZulu wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I got the same 2 offers also. Was able to get the loan app to load but not the credit card. Would have been nice to finally get the last $3800 I need to make my Promise a $50k card. Smiley Wink

Is Penfed still allowing cards up to 50K? I read that was a thing of the past.

You can still only go up to $50k--but if it's a new card after the change took place a sometime back (can't remember exactly when)--it's $25k max per card up to 2 cards.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.