Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed offers

tag
Trinzero
Contributor

Re: Penfed offers

So we know for sure these practices of targeted offers are no more?

What then are these "my offers" ? 🤔

It is confusing because it shows "you're approved for" and also "pre-qualified offers". 😵

These two phrases mean entirely different things, at least to me. 

Message 21 of 29
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@CerebralZulu wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I got the same 2 offers also. Was able to get the loan app to load but not the credit card. Would have been nice to finally get the last $3800 I need to make my Promise a $50k card. Smiley Wink

Is Penfed still allowing cards up to 50K? I read that was a thing of the past.

You can still only go up to $50k--but if it's a new card after the change took place a sometime back (can't remember exactly when)--it's $25k max per card up to 2 cards.

From memory it was about 30 months ago.  There was some confusion when they first instituted the $25K policy as for that particular quarter they gave out some offers that would have raised a CL to > $25K that they later denied when cardholders tried to accept.   They later backed off and let those offers be processed.

The $25K per card limit is still in effect although they are still grandfathering older cards with a > $25K limit.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 22 of 29
mgood
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@CerebralZulu wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I got the same 2 offers also. Was able to get the loan app to load but not the credit card. Would have been nice to finally get the last $3800 I need to make my Promise a $50k card. Smiley Wink

You can still only go up to $50k--but if it's a new card after the change took place a sometime back (can't remember exactly when)--it's $25k max per card up to 2 cards.

From memory it was about 30 months ago.  There was some confusion when they first instituted the $25K policy as for that particular quarter they gave out some offers that would have raised a CL to > $25K that they later denied when cardholders tried to accept.   They later backed off and let those offers be processed.

The $25K per card limit is still in effect although they are still grandfathering older cards with a > $25K limit.

Yes, I believe it's $25k max per card ($15k max on the Gold card), and $50k total across however many PenFed cards you have. So you could potentially have two $25k cards. I have a $17.5k PCR, $15k Platinum, and $6.5k Gold. That's $39k total. I could possibly get an $11k Pathfinder or $11k worth of CLIs on my existing cards. (I'll kick that Gold card to the curb if it becomes a limiting factor though.)

There are people with higher limits, as mentioned. They had them before the current rules were put in place.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 766, EX8 775 as of March 28
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE5 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 23 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@coldfusion wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@CerebralZulu wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Correct I am grandfathered in..  Not sure if they fixed bug with > 25k CLI offer or not

Message 24 of 29
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@CerebralZulu wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

They have a total limit of 50k unless you have grandfathered accounts IRC.

Message 25 of 29
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@wingennis wrote:

@CerebralZulu wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

The grandfathering has nothing to do with the total limit across all cards, the ability to grow one's aggregate limit up to $50K if the profile warrants it hasn't changed.    It relates to us cardholders who already held a card or cards whose individual limit(s) exceeded their new cap (I have a $45K PCR) have been able to keep those limits but we can't grow them. I wouldn't mind closing my $5K Platinum but I couldn't transfer the limit or come back later and recapture it to end up with a $50K PCR.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 26 of 29
Rogue46
Established Contributor

I've been with Penfed since 2017 and the only offer I ever get is the quickloan for $2k

Message 27 of 29
Traveler101
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:
@wingennis wrote:
@CerebralZulu wrote:
@Credit-hoarder wrote:
I got the same 2 offers also. Was able to get the loan app to load but not the credit card. Would have been nice to finally get the last $3800 I need to make my Promise a $50k card. Smiley Wink
The grandfathering has nothing to do with the total limit across all cards, the ability to grow one's aggregate limit up to $50K if the profile warrants it hasn't changed. It relates to us cardholders who already held a card or cards whose individual limit(s) exceeded their new cap (I have a $45K PCR) have been able to keep those limits but we can't grow them. I wouldn't mind closing my $5K Platinum but I couldn't transfer the limit or come back later and recapture it to end up with a $50K PCR.
Tis true per a customer service rep. Limits are based on an individuals profile. I exceeded the 25k..maybe a year to a year and half ago. But ineligible for a cli above the 32600 I currently sit at. I tried lol.
Message 28 of 29
Johnnyb1
New Visitor

I got pre-approved for 6k on the Gold card then got denied after submitting app.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.