Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Penfed Approvals Please Post Your Data For Others

Thanks everyone! Keep em coming! Let's help our fellow forum members make informed decisions. Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 5,922
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

Product approved and Limit: Penfed Promise Visa $5k, Thrifty Credit Service (Overdraft) $500
EQ Fico Score: 705
Penfed Nextgen Score: Unknown
AAOA: 1 year 10 months
Derogs?: 0
EQ Inquiries:

last 12 months: 32

last 6 months: 7
New Accounts:

last 12 months: 24
  last 6 months: 5

lmfaooo I couldnt pass up on this one... 32 new accounts wow... I thought I was way over with 14 in the past 2yrs. Good job that u got approved tho, im still scared of being branded a Pharoah so im gonna stay clear for now lol

Message 12 of 5,922
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Product approved and Limit: Travel Rewards Amex @ $8.5k
EQ Fico Score: 755
Penfed Nextgen Score: 692
AAOA: 3.8 years
Derogs?: BK13 still showing. No derog since discharged 3/2014
Total EQ Inquiries: 11 (wasted too many trying to get Discover to love me)

Last 12 months: 2 (see below)

Last 6 months: 2 (both from PenFed)
New Accounts in last 12 months: 4 (2 PenFed - 2 Sync Bank)
                                 Last 6 months: 3 - PenFed Promise 1/2016, Sam's Club MC 2/2016, PenFed Amex 5/2016 (about a week ago)

Message 13 of 5,922
ddemari
Super Contributor

I was approved for PenFed Credit products in August 2015. I had a penfed share account since mid 2014, I joined with a dirty EQ(bankruptcy was just about to fall off my credit reports). I couldnt get any products from them for a long time. 

But, after hearing from Revelate on the fico forums commenting on some approvals circa 8-2015, I thought why not lets try it. I was absolutely shocked when I was approved for the promise visa with this low limit and their highest apr. I was just so happy to get in! Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 8.42.11 PM.png

So I thought, why not try for one more card. I decided to go for the travel amex. During the different steps of the application process, I was on the edge of my seat. When it finally finalized, I almost dropped out my seat! $17,500.00 at their highest apr. 

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 8.42.26 PM.png

The next day I got the letter/email from them about the price you pay for credit. My NextGen fico was 665. I from memory, probably had about 40 inquiries on EQ and one negative paid charge off from 2010 in the amount of $300.00. My utilzation was probably anywhere from 3-6%. I was floored and so happy! 

I also got an acess america checking count and a thrifty line of credit in the of $500.00

About 4 months later I applied for the PenFed Visa Gold. Was not instantly approved, but the next day I was approved for $7,500.00. 

2 months ago I applied for a CLI on my PenFed Promise and got $2,000.00. PenFed has been nothing but amazing to me. 

Message 14 of 5,922
12njoy
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I was approved for PenFed Credit products in August 2015. I had a penfed share account since mid 2014, I joined with a dirty EQ(bankruptcy was just about to fall off my credit reports). I couldnt get any products from them for a long time. 

But, after hearing from Revelate on the fico forums commenting on some approvals circa 8-2015, I thought why not lets try it. I was absolutely shocked when I was approved for the promise visa with this low limit and their highest apr. I was just so happy to get in! 

how far apart were these apps?

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 15 of 5,922
12njoy
Super Contributor

I went ahead and applied for a PLOC @ 15k.  It told me the APR and some other information like payment date, maturity date etc...  but the app went pending after all that.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 16 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@I went ahead and applied for a PLOC @ 15k.  It told me the APR and some other information like payment date, maturity date etc...  but the app went pending after all that.

Good luck 12! Be sure and update your data post if approved. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 5,922
12njoy
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@I went ahead and applied for a PLOC @ 15k.  It told me the APR and some other information like payment date, maturity date etc...  but the app went pending after all that.

will do if approved

___________ 12Njoy
Message 18 of 5,922
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Product approved and Limit: Thrifty Credit $500,  Promise $12,000,  Cash Rewards $9000
EQ Fico Score: 698
Penfed Nextgen Score: 674

Instant or Review:  Instant
AAOA: Less than 2 years
Derogs?: 1 paid state tax lien paid in 2010

Util:  5%
EQ Inquiries:

last 12 months: 10

last 6 months: 1
New Accounts:

last 12 months: 8
  last 6 months: 3

Message 19 of 5,922
12njoy
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Denied. They want to see payment history on new Penfed account which is understandable.  No harm, no foul.   Couldn't tell me my next gen score but said I'll recieve a letter with it

___________ 12Njoy
Message 20 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.