Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
PenFed does not do product changes. They can move limits all day long, but they don't let you change cards or APR without a new app (lamest thing about them besides the 'First six months straitjacket'). Best move is to app for the card you want right out of the gate.

Agree that some of their practices are a bit archaic. Having to mail in a form to receive their debit card or ATM card for checking and savings accounts seems to be an extra unnecessary step in this day and age. My other CU's and banks either automatically send a debit or ATM card or send it upon verbal request once I call in. PenFed requires the mailed form.

+1000 humu! I forgot about that one! In fact, I hardly ever mail anything anymore, so I had to take that snail mail form to the post office and I kept forgeting. I think I finally managed to get it in the mail and had my debit card about six weeks after I established the accounts lol!

My fav annoyance will always be that $50 max daily external transfer with a new account. I'll take their ability to talk to a decision maker regarding an app though...I really like PenFed.

So good to see you on the boards humu! Hope you're havin' a great summer!! 

Message 4671 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
PenFed does not do product changes. They can move limits all day long, but they don't let you change cards or APR without a new app (lamest thing about them besides the 'First six months straitjacket'). Best move is to app for the card you want right out of the gate.

Agree that some of their practices are a bit archaic. Having to mail in a form to receive their debit card or ATM card for checking and savings accounts seems to be an extra unnecessary step in this day and age. My other CU's and banks either automatically send a debit or ATM card or send it upon verbal request once I call in. PenFed requires the mailed form.

+1000 humu! I forgot about that one! In fact, I hardly ever mail anything anymore, so I had to take that snail mail form to the post office and I kept forgeting. I think I finally managed to get it in the mail and had my debit card about six weeks after I established the accounts lol!

My fav annoyance will always be that $50 max daily external transfer with a new account. I'll take their ability to talk to a decision maker regarding an app though...I really like PenFed.

Thank you, WadeDalton, and very nice to see you as well! Work has been super busy since we returned from our trip(s), but I hope to make an update and post soon. I wish you a very nice summer as well, my friend! Smiley Happy

Message 4672 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks humu! I've been racking up overtime this summer while it's available and have been to tired to app lol...FINALLY the secret to gardening...exhaustion lol!

Glad you're well and I anxiously await you having some time to post as I have learned SO very much from you and look forward to the continuing ed!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 4673 of 5,922
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, Humu you will find upon catching up, that Wade has become our resident Baller and has earned the AVJ rank of Admiral over in NavylandSmiley Wink. His support of others has been outstanding!!!Smiley Happy

With the help of Humu and other senior posters we are seeing the nextgen class, lol. PUN INTENDEDSmiley Happy

Message 4674 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Lol, Humu you will find upon catching up, that Wade has become our resident Baller and has earned the AVJ rank of Admiral over in NavylandSmiley Wink. His support of others has been outstanding!!!Smiley Happy

With the help of Humu and other senior posters we are seeing the nextgen class, lol. PUN INTENDEDSmiley Happy

nextgen class lol...THAT"S a great one AJC!!

Admiral...ha!, not 'ol Wade...I'm still an enlisted man! My knowledge base is about 1/1,000,000 of our myfico mentors! You on the other hand AJC.....You're always so helpful and encouraging to everyone...perhaps AJC for President  November 3, 2020??? This could be the start of your campaign bro! 

Smiley Very Happy

Message 4675 of 5,922
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

nextgen class lol...THAT"S a great one AJC!!

Admiral...ha!, not 'ol Wade...I'm still an enlisted man! My knowledge base is about 1/1,000,000 of our myfico mentors! You on the other hand AJC.....You're always so helpful and encouraging to everyone...perhaps AJC for President  November 3, 2020??? This could be the start of your campaign bro! 

Smiley Very Happy

I'll give him a dollar. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 4676 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That'll grow... I forget how long I've been a member now, maybe a year or so, but I can transfer up to 5k at a time now. 

Message 4677 of 5,922
masscredit
Valued Contributor

The last question I have about PenFed is....should I use the pull they did when I applied for a Power Rewards card to apply for another card?  Not that I need anything else and I'll take an AAoA hit if I get something but... it could end up being another $10K card with no HP.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 4678 of 5,922
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

It depends on what has happened to your scores since you first applied. I contacted PenFed about applying for a CLI on my Promise since I was informed that a HP is good for 90 days. The issue I had is that my Fico08 EX went up 77 points since I first applied, so I suspect my NextGen 2 went up as well. They said I could call them to do a manual review since my score has probably changed in the past 90 days.

If nothing much has changed since you first applied for PenFed, your scores should allow you to kick down the door to get the card. If your scores increased a lot recently, call them and do it via a manual review. Alternatively, you could get offered it via pre-qualification in the beginning of October based on what the NextGen 2 score at the end of August.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 4679 of 5,922
Boosted50

@Anonymous wrote:

@Boosted50 wrote:

While trying to trouble shoot the system problems, the supervisor denied my recon for limit raise. He stated there is nothing they can do regarding the recon for raising the limit.                                                                                                                                                      

Have to say so far neither supervisor I spoke with was particularly helpful and far from friendly. When talking to them after the survery, he had stated that he was surprised my approval limit was as high as it was. This irritated me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

@Boosted50 wrote:

Figured I'd give an update as I am dumbfounded. 

Got an email I would receive an answer 24-72 hours, this was on Friday. Just looked up my account and shows income insufficent and all request have been closed. Income was $89,6xx this last year, (DTI is 36% FYI) but somehow I don't qualify for their card. Mind you this is with a 738 score and 7% utilization. Both supervisors I spoke with this last week were condescending and not helpful at all.

So I'm not sure if something is changing with PenFed or what, but I will be calling to close my account in the morning. I'll stick to NFCU as they've never talked down to me. I'm not exactly new to credit so I am confused on PenFed giving me the finger. My Amex is at 26k, Chase $15K and NFCU gave me $24k without batting an eye. 

So wanted to update as this forum as given me tons of info, so only fair I post this, so everyone is aware that the tides seem to be changing on their generous credit lines. I'm still annoyed and honestly pissed at PenFed after this last week. 

Unfortunately I did not find PenFed to be helpful either when I spoke with them after taking the survey. I've been a member for about 5 months now. Long wait times to speak with someone, app glitches for almost three weeks that prevented regular account access ( at times you could get in, and at other times you could not), and on several different occasions when I called with questions, for assistance, or for recon, people were not very helpful or friendly. This includes regular CSR's as well as supervisors.

I was very polite when calling, by the way. Kind of made me feel as I were bothering them by calling.

Their business practices seem a bit all over the place with processes not very organized, I am sorry to say. Perhaps they are too large and this may be part of the reason.

I have not felt to be a valued member since I joined, based on my experiences. I belong to several other credit unions (including BECU) who are much different in terms of being very helpful, friendly, and organized in their processes.

Navy Federal has them beat every day of the week. Smiley Happy

I tried to be very nice every time I spoke to them, and I also got the sense that they were doing me a favor by taking my call. Seems I got the less giving and far more condescending staff members instead of the more giving ones, some others in this thread had. 

I agree completely with NFCU, their service has been far superior. Smiley Happy

Message 4680 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.