Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

Okay, as a follow up to my previous post, the notation was a request for me to send in a reconsideration letter since I had applied for a cli a few weeks ago. I sent in a pretty lengthy letter, so finger's crossed. Based on the trend lately with PenFed reconsideration requests, my outlook is not super optimistic. I will report back on the results. 

Message 5371 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

So curiosity got to me and I clicked the "Apply" credit card offer and it looks like I can either increase my current PCR by $1,300 or apply for the Promise card for SL of $1,300. Only caveat is that both offers show an APR of 11.49% but that APR is only applicable to new accounts only. That kinda stinks lol But it's really only a 1% difference from what I currently have. Anyway, I have to call them because I need to update my information because when I first signed up with Penfed I gave my monthly net income rather than my monthly gross. 

Message 5372 of 5,922
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Re: Penfed Approvals Please Post Your Data For Others

@baller4life wrote:

Product approved and Limit: Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $18k
EQ 08 Fico: 693
Penfed Nextgen: 683

Instant or Review: Instant

POI: None

AAOA: 5 yrs
Derogs?: 0

Util: 11%

Total EQ Inquiries: 7

Last 12 months: 3

Last 6 months: 1

New Accounts in last 12 months: 11
                                 Last 6 months: 4

Product approved : PenFed Power Cash  $6500

Other products: PenFed Plat Rewards  $20k

Penfed PLOC  $2k

EQ 08  749

PenFed NextGen  772

Instant or Review  Instant

POI  None

AAOA  2.4yrs

Derogs  N/A

Util  15% (PenFed), 10% all

Total EQ inquiries  3

12 mths  2

6  mths  1

New Accts  5

12 mths  3

6 mths  2

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 5373 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took the $1.3k increase from the offer that was given to me. Wasn't really interested in getting a new card or getting a HP for a CLI at the moment since I'm in the garden. So now my PCR is $4.3k. Odd numbers do not like lol Discover is the same way for me.

Message 5374 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Took the $1.3k increase from the offer that was given to me. Wasn't really interested in getting a new card or getting a HP for a CLI at the moment since I'm in the garden. So now my PCR is $4.3k. Odd numbers do not like lol Discover is the same way for me.

Is there a HP for the CLI?  and does the CLI match the pre-approved amount? 

I got a similar offer a new CC 11.5 k or Car Loan, like you... I don't want a new card or car. I'd take the CLI w/o a HP.  

Message 5375 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a similar offer a new CC 11.5 k or Car Loan, like you... I don't want a new card or car. I'd take the CLI w/o a HP.  

It shouldn't be a HP if you take their offer for your existing card. If you modify the offer for a higher limit it would be a HP by Penfed according to the rep. I called in to see if I could get the APR they were offering but the rep said whatever I see on my end is what they saw too and they couldn't do anything about it. They had lowered the APR offer for a new card and also added the Pathfinder card as an offer as well.

I think it might take Penfed a bit to update my limit on the website but the "My Offers" tab is now removed after taking the CLI on my card.

Message 5376 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It shouldn't be a HP if you take their offer for your existing card. If you modify the offer for a higher limit it would be a HP by Penfed according to the rep. I called in to see if I could get the APR they were offering but the rep said whatever I see on my end is what they saw too and they couldn't do anything about it. They had lowered the APR offer for a new card and also added the Pathfinder card as an offer as well.

I think it might take Penfed a bit to update my limit on the website but the "My Offers" tab is now removed after taking the CLI on my card.

Thanks for the info. They gave me an 11.5 k (the amount of the pre-approval) increase in CLI & no HP.  I'm happy. 

Message 5377 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info. They gave me an 11.5 k (the amount of the pre-approval) increase in CLI & no HP.  I'm happy. 

No problem. Congrats on that nice CLI. My CLI is now showing as part of the availble credit when I log in but when I go into the more info and look at the line with my actual credit limit; it still says the my old $3k limit. So, yeah, they take forever to update their website.

Message 5378 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

This morning I decided to go ahead and apply for membership online with the $5 minimum deposit. My internet went wonky and I wasn't sure if it went through. Decided to call. The gal I spoke with (Melissa) was delightful. My membership was approved, my deposit went through, and she asked if I would like to app for any products. My credit building is still in the infancy stage with only about 6 months of credit with secured cards. I decided to go for it since I was giving up an HP anyway. Lo and Behold, she approved me with a $6,500 SL!

I almost said, "Are you sure?!"

Anyway, here are my data points. Not much to it. Clean profile, but very young.
Power Cash Rewards Visa $6500 SL
EQ 08 Fico: 698
Penfed Nextgen: They didn't say, but will update when I get it in the mail.

Instant or Review?: Instant

POI?(If yes, what type of proof of income) No

AAOA: 3 months
Derogs?: (If you have a BK please list type and discharge date!) None

Util: 17%

Total EQ Inquiries: 8

Last 12 months: 8

Last 6 months: 8
New Accounts in last 12 months: 4
                                 Last 6 months: 4

Message 5379 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

I put in an app for a CLI on my Power Cash Rewards this afternoon and was turned down for the usual boilerplate reasons (too many accounts with balances, length of history of revolving credit, BK on record); since I got approved for a PayPal 2% CB MC Friday with exactly the same things on my report, I think the real reason is Penfed's stinginess nowadays. That being said, I want to ask for a recon, but here's the problem; everyone always says to fill out the survey, but I NEVER get a survey after an app has been put in and declined - the only time I ever got a survey was when my November 2017 CLI was approved. Should I just call or message them up front?

Message 5380 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.