Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
stinastina
Established Contributor

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

@Anonymous wrote:

I put in an app for a CLI on my Power Cash Rewards this afternoon and was turned down for the usual boilerplate reasons (too many accounts with balances, length of history of revolving credit, BK on record); since I got approved for a PayPal 2% CB MC Friday with exactly the same things on my report, I think the real reason is Penfed's stinginess nowadays. That being said, I want to ask for a recon, but here's the problem; everyone always says to fill out the survey, but I NEVER get a survey after an app has been put in and declined - the only time I ever got a survey was when my November 2017 CLI was approved. Should I just call or message them up front?

I literally got the same message when I asked for a cli today on my promise and cloc.  I've had the promise 11 months so I'm going to wait until it'a been one year and try again.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 5381 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey who does paypal cc pull from? Equifax?
Message 5382 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stinastina wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I put in an app for a CLI on my Power Cash Rewards this afternoon and was turned down for the usual boilerplate reasons (too many accounts with balances, length of history of revolving credit, BK on record); since I got approved for a PayPal 2% CB MC Friday with exactly the same things on my report, I think the real reason is Penfed's stinginess nowadays. That being said, I want to ask for a recon, but here's the problem; everyone always says to fill out the survey, but I NEVER get a survey after an app has been put in and declined - the only time I ever got a survey was when my November 2017 CLI was approved. Should I just call or message them up front?

I literally got the same message when I asked for a cli today on my promise and cloc.  I've had the promise 11 months so I'm going to wait until it'a been one year and try again.

I'm actually at the 1-year anniversary, which is why I want to try to recon - I had hoped (yes, foolishly perhaps) that they'd be more generous on the anniversary.

@Anonymous: No, Paypal Mastercard (which is Synchrony) pulls TU, it's Penfed that pulls EQ.

Message 5383 of 5,922
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey who does paypal cc pull from? Equifax?

PayPal Credit (prior to SYNCB acquiring them) used to pull EQ.  Not sure if that is still the same after July 2nd. 

SYNCB CC products typically pull TU for the most part, but this can also vary since it's been known they can pull EX as well.

Message 5384 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks yeah I have pay pal credit which pulled Equifax. For me but now they are synch bank so I was wonder for the cc who they pull but looks like Transunion ..
Message 5385 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stinastina wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A bit late replying, but I contacted PenFed via secure messaging on Monday to ask them if I could email them a reconsideration request since I'm hearing-impaired. They emailed me back to tell me I could, so I sent them the request yesterday evening. Still waiting to hear back from them.

UPDATE: Turned down on recon, sorry to say. I won't know for sure until I get the letter (and it might be boilerplate even then), but at this point I'm just going to let things ride for a few months and see if anything comes up on the next quarterly offers.

Message 5386 of 5,922
kugel
Valued Contributor

What’s my chance of getting a cli with PenFed on my power cash card it’s 43k
Combined my promise just before into the power cash my PenFed score is 737
I have the membership 8 years and cc 2 years history ?
Message 5387 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
What’s my chance of getting a cli with PenFed on my power cash card it’s 43k
Combined my promise just before into the power cash my PenFed score is 737
I have the membership 8 years and cc 2 years history ?

It probably depends on your income at this point. PenFed tightened things up earlier this year so that to get to the maximum $50K allowable for their cards, you have to have - from what we've been told - no less than $15,000 in monthly income. If you don't have that, you've probably topped out.

Message 5388 of 5,922
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Does Penfed pull EQ for PLOC as well as CC's?

Message 5389 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnns wrote:

Does Penfed pull EQ for PLOC as well as CC's?

IME with PF, SInce the change over from nextgen last year, i have always and only had EQ9, neither of the other two. 

Message 5390 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.