Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

CongratsSmiley Happy Penfed liked the fact uou didnt have alot of credit.Seems they like to be your main nowadaysSmiley Wink
Message 5571 of 5,922
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Hmm, I had something strange from Penfed, a personalized snail mailer encouraging me to app for the Penfed Gold Visa. I reads: "Dear (My Real Name) as a valued Penfed member we have a special offer just for you. The Penfed Gold Visa has our lowest rate APR....." It touts and standard bennies on the card - $100 SUB for $1500 spend, 0% for 12 months, etc. No pre-qual code, so probably just marketing, but the first time I ever got a mailer from Penfed encouraging me to app for a specific product. I've been a member since May 2017 and have never got a quarterly pre-qual offer.

I'm inclined to pass. They approved me for a PCR when I joined but only with a low $1200 CL. When I was approved for the PayPal 2% Cashback card with $7k SL (now $10k auto clis) I closed PCR and Access checking and just kept Share savings, but I do have a nice HELOC with them.

Message 5572 of 5,922
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Hmm, I had something strange from Penfed, a personalized snail mailer encouraging me to app for the Penfed Gold Visa. I reads: "Dear (My Real Name) as a valued Penfed member we have a special offer just for you. The Penfed Gold Visa has our lowest rate APR....." It touts and standard bennies on the card - $100 SUB for $1500 spend, 0% for 12 months, etc. No pre-qual code, so probably just marketing, but the first time I ever got a mailer from Penfed encouraging me to app for a specific product. I've been a member since May 2017 and have never got a quarterly pre-qual offer.

I'm inclined to pass. They approved me for a PCR when I joined but only with a low $1200 CL. When I was approved for the PayPal 2% Cashback card with $7k SL (now $10k auto clis) I closed PCR and Access checking and just kept Share savings, but I do have a nice HELOC with them.

Like this one? I was checking to see if was just pure marketing or not. I haven't tried for a card since my denial last year, I think in March. 

Hmmmm .... really?Hmmmm .... really?

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5573 of 5,922
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@AdkinsYep, exactly that one.

And I thought I was special . . . Smiley Sad

Message 5574 of 5,922
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@AdkinsYep, exactly that one.

And I thought I was special . . . Smiley Sad

Me, too. 👎👎

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5575 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

I originally posted this as a separate thread, not having seen this one.

PenFed PowerITA offer letter

I'm mid ch7 bk, discharge in 16days and counting. But I was sent a CC offer from PenFed and I wasn't sure if it was a pre-qualified type letter, or if it was just a form promo letter they send to all members. I really want to apply by the deadline, March 31, which will be post discharge, but I didn't want to waste my time or a hard pull if it wasn't going to be worth it. My current credit scores are

EQ654FICO9TU587FICO9EX596
EQ659AUTOTU582AUTOEX574

. We'll see what improves, if anything, once discharge happens.

Message 5576 of 5,922
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

They arent Navy, i highly doubt you would be approved for any cc with your current scores. Sorry.
Message 5577 of 5,922
kugel
Valued Contributor

Asking for someone what’s is chance Of approval for card ?
is average age is a year and half now and he has three credit cards Amazon for year and discover which is almost a year with $1000 credit line and another card Walmart and a AU card that’s 3 years old 10k
Score is 719 Fico
Message 5578 of 5,922
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@kugel wrote:
Asking for someone what’s is chance Of approval for card ?
is average age is a year and half now and he has three credit cards Amazon for year and discover which is almost a year with $1000 credit line and another card Walmart and a AU card that’s 3 years old 10k
Score is 719 Fico

Score seems less important versus DTI ratio. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5579 of 5,922
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Also Kugel, PF seems to like someone with not alot of credit so might take a chance. Its only a hp. Never know, they might surpass all expectations.
Message 5580 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.