cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

PenFed denied. They don’t forget if you BK’d them!

Just for others who are in same situation. I applied back in October of this year and was denied for to new accounts and some other BS and my score was 655. I got my score up to 725 so I thought I would try again. Came back MBR HAS CAUSED PFCU TO SUFFER LOSS.
Don't know why I didn't get that the in October when I applied. Would have saved me HP.
I bk'd them 12 years ago. Just FYI.
Current Scores

Message 5671 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed denied. They don’t forget if you BK’d them!

Sorry for the denial. 

Unfortunately no CU I know of will let you have credit products (and many of them any products) when you have caused them a loss. The only way to get off that list is to make them whole again. 

Message 5672 of 5,922
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for the denial. 

Unfortunately no CU I know of will let you have credit products (and many of them any products) when you have caused them a loss. The only way to get off that list is to make them whole again. 

What Saeren said I dont know any CU that will let you back in if you have burnt them.  You can offer to pay back although obviously not required by law and chances go up hugely at least to NFCU of getting back in, but if you burnt a CU and no intentions of paying them back, you can just skip doing business with them at all in the future as a wasted HP

Message 5673 of 5,922
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Got a letter for my husband that PenFed will not charge a fee for cash advance starting soon
Does this mean it’s completely free will be ?
Message 5674 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jccflat wrote:
Got a letter for my husband that PenFed will not charge a fee for cash advance starting soon
Does this mean it’s completely free will be ?

Free as in no fee but you'll still be charged interest from the transaction date. 

Message 5675 of 5,922
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Like nfcu ?
Message 5676 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU charges interest from the transaction date as well but they also charge 2% more interest so PenFed actually has them beat now, especially since NFCU also has a 30% cap on cash advance limits where PenFed has been reported to allow cash advances up to the card limit (although the trade off here is likely part of the reason PenFed is more conservative with limits for those under six figures). 

Message 5677 of 5,922
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU charges interest from the transaction date as well but they also charge 2% more interest so PenFed actually has them beat now, especially since NFCU also has a 30% cap on cash advance limits where PenFed has been reported to allow cash advances up to the card limit (although the trade off here is likely part of the reason PenFed is more conservative with limits for those under six figures). 

hmm never noticed that but sure enough have my full cl's on card for cash advances...  Few other cards are able to do that as well, but becoming less and less

Message 5678 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hmm never noticed that but sure enough have my full cl's on card for cash advances...  Few other cards are able to do that as well, but becoming less and less

DCU allows the full limit too. I am actually curious if all of the more conservative CUs do so. It would certainly help explain why they don't give the massive limits we get from the likes of AMEX or Disco who both have much smaller CA limits.

Actually just checked my SSFCU card out of curiosity and sure enough, the full $5K is available.

Message 5679 of 5,922
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

DCU allows the full limit too. I am actually curious if all of the more conservative CUs do so. It would certainly help explain why they don't give the massive limits we get from the likes of AMEX or Disco who both have much smaller CA limits.

Actually just checked my SSFCU card out of curiosity and sure enough, the full $5K is available.

RBFCU also allows you cash advance at no charge, your entire credit limit and transfer the money into one of your accounts. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5680 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.