Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Approvals Please Post Your Data For Others

Hi Joeyzoom416, wow thank you for the valuable info here. This is simply amazing! It gives me more confident to be approved when I apply. Thank you!
Message 5691 of 5,922
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

@Shann0n_marie wrote:

How do I locate my current offers thru PenFed?  

Should be at bottom right corner of screen if on mobile.  If you see Turbo Tax , you've made the "B " SquadSmiley Wink

Message 5692 of 5,922
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Shann0n_marie wrote:

Does anyone know if they are Ch 7 BK friendly (almost 1 year post discharge with re-established credit) for an auto loan? 

Im not sure, bk can often hinder progress with Penfed  but being an auto loan which can be taken away maybe possible. I would post this question in the auto forum for better coverage.

Message 5693 of 5,922
rbentley
Established Contributor

I called PenFed today about a APR reduction and was told they don't do that. The CSR then told me that I do have pending offers of my choice of a second card with them with a SL of $1,000. I laughed (without meaning to be rude) as my Power Cash with them has a 37K CL. That is 12K over their new 25K limit per card so that probably explains the low SL offer on another card. PenFed has been very generous to me. 

Message 5694 of 5,922
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, getting that offer is better than being told you are too poor for one of their credit cardsSmiley Wink👉🙋‍♂️👈😎

Message 5695 of 5,922
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I’ve been a Penfed member for almost 3  years now, have a home equity LOC my only credit product. Well, I finally have my first prequal offers: Choice of PowerCash, Promise or Visa Sig, all w/$5200 CL, and New or Used car loan. Don’t want any of their CCs and don’t need a car. Not bragging, just my opinion of Penfed.

Message 5696 of 5,922
thornback
Senior Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I’ve been a Penfed member for almost 3  years now, have a home equity LOC my only credit product. Well, I finally have my first prequal offers: Choice of PowerCash, Promise or Visa Sig, all w/$5200 CL, and New or Used car loan. Don’t want any of their CCs and don’t need a car. Not bragging, just my opinion of Penfed.

Only took 3 years huh...  *sigh*  

Congrats on your offers - even if you don't need them / can't use them. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 5697 of 5,922
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha, congerts DaveSmiley Happy

Yeah after wasting multiple hps , constsnt denisls and being told im too poor for their credit cards, im officially  done chasing or wanting any of their cards. I even had one and they still dont trust me. Lol when a lender who has no  prior history with me can give me a $8k cc on my income, i dont need a lender who gives credit through a magic 8ballSmiley Happy

Message 5698 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

Probably the most popular credit union on the forum next to NFCU is Pentagon Federal Credit Union aka Penfed. We have seen alot of approvals from Penfed in the past year since they loosened their once very strict underwriting criteria. These increased number of approvals have brought many questions from newer members. So, to make it easier for everyone when trying to decide whether to apply or not, a few of us thought there should be a thread specifically for Penfed approval data.

First of all, Penfed has open membership for anyone who makes a donation to one of the two organizations listed on their site. Membership is a hp on EQ and hp is typically good for 90 days for all products. There have been reports that when reconning a denial or starting limit there can be a 2nd hp. To recon denial or starting limit, the easiest way is to call and ask for a Supervisor. They are also loan officers. And can make a decision on the spot.

Another perk of Penfed membership are the quarterly preapprovals that are given for their products. It has been reported based on old data that if you join Penfed with any derogs, you never receive these preapprovals. However, that is no longer the case. Several members have in fact received these that joined with a derog. Please let us know your preapproval experience.

They are known for their "pyramiding debts" denial reason which is why you will see the Egyptian reference often here. Basically "pyramiding debts" is their interpretation of having alot of new accounts. They view that as potential debt. 

Below are the questions that will be very helpful to other forum members. Thanks in advance for your valuable data! Smiley Happy

Product(s) approved and Limit(If approved for multiple products please include date if not immediate)
EQ 08 Fico:  Bankcard Score 8 (702) Score 9 (690)
Penfed Nextgen: N/A

Instant or Review?: Review

POI?(If yes, what type of proof of income) None

AAOA: 3 Years 1 Month
Derogs?: (If you have a BK please list type and discharge date!) 0

Util: 21%

Total EQ Inquiries:

Last 12 months:  6

Last 6 months: 4
New Accounts in last 12 months: 6
                                 Last 6 months: 4

*New cards can be expedited for $15 fee*

I was approved for the PENFED Visa - Power Cash Rewards Visa CL $17,500.00

Message 5699 of 5,922
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed Approval Guide Please Post Your Data For Others

@Anonymous wrote:
Lollll!!!

CreditLuv-- no POI required. I am actually half and half w2 and independent contractor of sorts as a private duty nurse. It gets very complicated in nursing -- overall income varies, but averages out to be about $90k but much more if counting my partners income, which PENFED allowed.

Started at $5k. CLI to $10k after 31 days and CLI to $22.5k after under 3 months

Were the CLI requests done online?

Potential Future Cards
Message 5700 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.