Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

Recon denied. Email said the maximum limit was approved at time of application. $3500? Ok, I'll wait for the "quarterly offer" to show up? Where do I look?

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5781 of 5,922
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

When you log in on the desktop, lower right hand corner you'll see "My Offers" and there'll be left and right arrows.  You can scroll through them.  I think they're on the mobile app as well.

Message 5782 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cashorcharge wrote:

When you log in on the desktop, lower right hand corner you'll see "My Offers" and there'll be left and right arrows.  You can scroll through them.  I think they're on the mobile app as well.

Mine just screams "turbo tax" Smiley Sad

Message 5783 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

New member here (as of today).

If their EQ monitoring service provides a FICO 9, is it safe to say that's the model they use for CC apps? My FICO8 is at a humble 651, but my FICO9 is at a 709 for some reason. I'd feel alot more confident applying if they used FICO9.

Util is at AZEO, but 2 CCs are only 2 months old...think that's a credit-seeking deal breaker?

Message 5784 of 5,922
ccquest
Established Contributor

Yes they use FICO 9 for the CC apps too.

It could be, they've been more lenient with approvals this year compared to before, but hard to say what flips the deny switch.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 5785 of 5,922
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

New member here (as of today).

If their EQ monitoring service provides a FICO 9, is it safe to say that's the model they use for CC apps? My FICO8 is at a humble 651, but my FICO9 is at a 709 for some reason. I'd feel alot more confident applying if they used FICO9.

Util is at AZEO, but 2 CCs are only 2 months old...think that's a credit-seeking deal breaker?

If you want to improve your chances. At least wait minimum 6 months between applications. Perhaps, address your credit profile to improve your scores during that waiting period.

Message 5786 of 5,922
Life_take2
Contributor

@Anonymous , To confirm, since I wondered the same thing. Yes, PenFed will use your F9 score. In fact, they state that under your provided score.penfed.JPG

BK7 -9/15 Starting EQ-571 | TU-528 | EX-572 ---> Feb'24- Fico8: EQ-756 | TU-759| EX-751 Fico9: EQ-804 | TU-813 | EX-806

Amazon Store 10,000 * Apple Card-GS 12,000 * Barclay View 11,400 * Citi Costco Visa 8,100 * * Citi BB Visa 10,000 * Discover 8,100 * Discover Miles 14,500 * Eddie Bauer 4,000 * Home Depot 10,000 * HSN 10,000 * Kohls 3,000 * NFCU Flagship 30,000 * NFCU AMEX 25,000 * PenFed Gold 12,500 * Sam's Club MC 15,000 *Wells Fargo Platinum 1,100 * Wells Fargo Autograph 20,000 *
Total CL $204,700
Util% >1% AAOA: 62 Mo

Message 5787 of 5,922
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

Ok, so new member here with a savings account. Few questions, do I need to have a checking account in order to apply for a credit card???

Also, is the checking account a hard pull, and if so, will that pull be used for 90 days towards any other credit apps?

Message 5788 of 5,922
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@Dmessina666 No, You don't need a checking account to apply for a credit card. Others will chime in soon. 

I joined and opened a savings account - 1st HP....I applied for the PCR - 2nd HP

I called time see if I could use the 2nd HP for another product and was told no. YMMV.

Welcome to PenFed!  Good luck on your app.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5789 of 5,922
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. No HP for the savings account. I'm waiting to apply anyways, at least 6-12 months. 

I figured this will be a good time to get my foot in, and have a percentage of my salary head over to the savings. 

Message 5790 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.