Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
TIPPY-BOB
Regular Contributor

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

That's awesome 🤩! Thanks for sharing. 

CLARIFICATION: Did you apply for and get approved for all 3 at the same time?

Message 5831 of 5,922
FireMedic04
New Contributor

I noticed folks posting EQ Fico 8 scores here. I thought Penfed ran Eq Fico 9?

Message 5832 of 5,922
SB_F
Contributor

@FireMedic04  I put my EQ Fico 8 as that's what everybody else seemed to be doing. But I just checked and my EQ Fico 9 is the exact same score.

BK13 filed 11/2013 discharged 6/2019
Oct 2019 EQ 672 TU 643 EX 663
Julu 2021 EQ 840 TU 828 EX 819
Message 5833 of 5,922
EvCrvz
Established Member

Product(s) approved: PCR @ 10k

EQ 08 Fico: 672 but EQ9 is 622
Penfed Nextgen: unknown

Instant or Review?: Instant

POI?(If yes, what type of proof of income) N/A

AAOA: 1 yr 10 mo 
Derogs?: 1 Collection 7/2016

Util: 16%

Total EQ Inquiries:

Last 12 months: 14 - 10 came from Homebuying process (rescore)

Last 6 months: 5

New Accounts in last 12 months: 4
                                 Last 6 months: 4

I've had a Savings account with the $5 min in it for 2 years before actually applying for a product. Never received any offers.  After my home closed last October, I took a shot and was approved for Gold $10k. Waited for my 91/3 (since the CSR recommended this) and applied cold for PCR.  I'm definitely feeling the PenFed Luv 🌱

Message 5834 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without reading 584 pages of posts, I wanted to share a DP for everyone that may help somebody out.

A friend at work that I have been helping with credit came up to me today. She had gotten a mailer from PenFed similar to the one quite a few of us got last fall for the PCR and membership (hers was for the PenFed Gold). She remembered our conversation about the card, process, and the products that PenFed offers, so she took the bait and apped - approved for $8750. 

This is a good approval. What made it worth posting about is that although she has low 700 scores, she had high utilization on her Apple Card (~70%), a four month old mortgage, and she has a BK7 on her reports that is only about four years since discharge. 

I don't know what other DPs are in here about PenFed relating to BK, but as a CU they're known to be likely more sensitive to DTI than some big banks, and she has a new $144k mortgage and some CC debt on her approximately $50k salary. I'm impressed with the approval. She took it mainly for the 12-month 0% BT offer.

Hope this helps someone out there!

Message 5835 of 5,922
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Without reading 584 pages of posts, I wanted to share a DP for everyone that may help somebody out.

A friend at work that I have been helping with credit came up to me today. She had gotten a mailer from PenFed similar to the one quite a few of us got last fall for the PCR and membership (hers was for the PenFed Gold). She remembered our conversation about the card, process, and the products that PenFed offers, so she took the bait and apped - approved for $8750. 

This is a good approval. What made it worth posting about is that although she has low 700 scores, she had high utilization on her Apple Card (~70%), a four month old mortgage, and she has a BK7 on her reports that is only about four years since discharge. 

I don't know what other DPs are in here about PenFed relating to BK, but as a CU they're known to be likely more sensitive to DTI than some big banks, and she has a new $144k mortgage and some CC debt on her approximately $50k salary. I'm impressed with the approval. She took it mainly for the 12-month 0% BT offer.

Hope this helps someone out there!

Thanks for sharing @Anonymous 

I have been helping a friend too and attempting to lean them towards Penfed.  Agreed, that is a good approval 

Message 5836 of 5,922
ncogngro
Valued Member

Well I thought that I should try my luck in applying to the PCR card.  Four months post CH7 D/C.  Declined.  Here's my DP:

Product: Power Cash Rewards
EQ 08 Fico: 674  EQ 09 Fico: 740
Instant or Review: Reviewed then declined

POI: None

AAOA: 6 years 5 months
Derogs?: BK7 Discharged 11/05/20

Util: 2%

Total EQ Inquiries: 3

Last 12 months: 3

Last 6 months:2

New Accounts in last 12 months: 3
Last 6 months: 3

Closed Accounts

CH 7 Discharged 11/05/20. Scores on 11/09/20:

Scores on 01/11/21:

3 Month Post Discharge Fico 8 Scores on 02/04/21:

Fico 9 Scores on 02/04/21:

6 Month Post Discharge Fico 8 Scores on 05/05/21:

Fico 9 Scores on 05/05/21:
Message 5837 of 5,922
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

What is a PenFed Nextgen score ?

How do I get that score as a PenFed member ??

Message 5838 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nextgen was an internal score they used a few years ago but I don't believe it's still a factor. These days it's EQ09.

Message 5839 of 5,922
smittyb
Established Member

>>>Waited for my 91/3 (since the CSR recommended this)

What is a 91/3?

Message 5840 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.