Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

I noticed that mine has disappeared from site today .hoping them fix it soon
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 4781 of 5,922
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey joe, last time i checked mine showed the last nextgen score i remembered but claimed its a fico 9. I doubt it . I think those scores cant be relied upon until the actually do the next update. Of course it could just be mine.lol, Pf doesnt "luv" meSmiley Wink

@Metech, your income is perfect to "squeeze " more out of PF, so dont be afraid to shoot for other productsSmiley Wink
Message 4782 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for words of encouragement @AverageJoesCredit.

My card should be arriving monday. I was thinking about applying for a LOC on Monday. Just in case i needed to speak with a rep.

Wanted to try to read up more on it also. Such as if i should apply for 25k from the start?  Will they counter if they dont want to give me that ? or will they decline me and then i have to call in.

Also i believe i read in a post that anything over 15k needed income verification ? Seems like most people they only ask for two weeks paystubs if they do want income verification.

If anybody could help with these questions it would really help. Thank you.

Message 4783 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to try for a CLI on my Power Cash Rewards (currently $3K, made a large payment on it yesterday) since I'm on a little roll today, having gotten CLI's on my Discover and Overstock. I filled out the application and got the note that it's been sent to a loan officer for review, so we'll see what happens.

Message 4784 of 5,922
chaos51
Regular Contributor

My Fico on PenFed's site changed today and the date changed from May to July, so I decided to take a chance and see if they'd show me some CLI love. I was feeling lucky since NFCU took my GoRewards from $11,600 to $18,600 today, a week ago Citi took my Best Buy card from $2,000 to $3,500, and recently Amex took my BCE from $2,000 to $6,000. I was given an increase on my PenFed Cash Rewards from $5,000 (opened in May 2017) to $20,000. I am pretty pumped!

I am pretty much copying what I posted in the NFCU CLI thread for data points, and only changing the scoring differences between NFCU and PenFed:

EQ Fico 9: 715 - 9 inqs on EQ. I have 13 new accounts in 12 months. 9 new accounts in the last 6 months. I have 1% util reporting every month. I have used the card for about $150-$250 every month and PIF before the statement closes (Amex = daily driver). Income ranges between $85k-$95k depending on bonuses. I hope this helps!

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 4785 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chaos, you ARE on a roll...whoo whoo!!!

I'd say congrats but there must be a bigger word than that...wowzer!!! Nice work!!

Guess I don't have to tell you to enjoy the weekend lol!! Brilliant!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 4786 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joe81, the LO's at PenFed have been great to me!

My fingers and toes are crossed for you!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 4787 of 5,922
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Requested a CLI 3 days ago, with a 2 month old Hard pull from my account opening. I was denied, and learned today that I got hard pulled even after asking the rep to ensure it would use the hard pull from 2 months ago, and he said the system would already do that. 

Called them today and they said that all CLIs would be hard pulls and I mentioned thay HPs last 90 days,.....no??  He said he would not be able to reverse the HP, or erase it. 😦😦😦 RIP, Garden. 😢😢

Message 4788 of 5,922
chaos51
Regular Contributor

I found out an extra datapoint today from my recent CLI from $5k - $20k. My rate went from 17.99% down to 10.99%. I don't plan on ever having to pay interest, but this seemed great that they not only gave me the huge increase, but also dropped my rate pretty significantly. I had the hard pull show up the day after, and I'm okay with taking it.

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 4789 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First of all Big thank you to Baller for starting this thread and everyone that took the time to reply. I read from page 1 until about 175 and then Backwards from most recent to 40 behind that.

It was time for me to step out the garden and join a credit union and here are the results.

EQ 08 Fico: 749
Penfed Nextgen: Not sure

Instant or Review?: Instant

POI?(If yes, what type of proof of income) No proof needed told them 85k

AAOA: 3.2 years
Derogs?: (If you have a BK please list type and discharge date!) 0 Derogs

Util: 22 %

Total EQ Inquiries:

Last 12 months: 0

Last 6 months: 0
New Accounts in last 12 months: 0
                                 Last 6 months: 0

@Instantly approved for 25k for power cash rewards @ 14.99

Was thinking about maybe applying for a LOC if it will be the same pull ? If i apply and get approved how long will i be there for me to use without actually ever using it ?

I really dont need anything else right now and to be honest with my income i dont think i can squeeze much more out of them.

Thanks again everyone.

Any questions feel free to ask i subscribed to this thread.

Update.

So i ended up opening up a Access America checking account.  Actually tried to fund it ($500 ) with my BLISPAY to get the 2% cashback. Declined by Blispay LOL. Ended up just using my chase debit card it worked with no problems. Got a fraud verification call from Blispay about 36 hours after. LOL

I ended up also putting on the $500 overdraft LOC. Approved.

Now heres the kicker. I went to apply for the Visa Platinum Rewards. It went straight to Review by loan officer. I waited about a day and half and decided to call in. I spent about 35 minutes on the phone with a regular rep and then it took another 20 minutes on hold with this rep to get a loan officer on the line. ( 1 hour hold time :-O )

Really nice woman on the phone explained to me that i was at the Max credit allowed to me without income verification. Cool no problem. She says its two recent pay stubs. Then she tells me that with the income verificiation i would be able to split the credit limit between both cards......

In my head that didnt make any sense because if i already have the one card at 25k why would i split it in half. At this point i was pretty much over it. She actually offered to withdraw the application and i agreed.

At no point did i expect two 25k cards right out the gate with Penfed let alone one 25k card. I only say this because of my income. Im pretty sure if i made more i would have got way more on the initial approval.

As i data point i do have other comparable limits. Discover 32k Amex 28.5 k  Venture 20k  These limits were built over time though Discover started at 3.5k , Amex 9k , Venture 15k

This was all done under the original hard pull.

Overall im extremely satisfied with Penfed. The hold times are a little outrageous but i am calling in at prime time hours in their defense.

Off to the garden i go to wait until i can get into 800's fico score land.

Good luck everyone.

Message 4790 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.