Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

Has anyone gotten quarterly scores/offers on their Penfed pages yet? I'm about to take a quick look-see.

Message 4981 of 5,922
stinastina
Established Contributor

@VipreArmed wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys so i know PenFed post Fico 9 quaterly! She said in Decemebr mine shoul dupdate! well my Fico 8 socre jumped up to 617 the other day and my last Fico 9 socre was 571..was wondering how much does Fico 9 go up when your Fico 8 goes up?? it was like a 83 point increase! Im trying to wait until my scores are good enough to app for a checking and credit card and auto refinance and hopefully PLOC?? any thoughts on how that works..i have been a shae member for over 6 months ...

The Rep I had spoken with when I first opened my saving said a minimum 640 before they will consider a card, and loans are depending on car, and other factors.   But I would say to get in with Penfed

and not be scrapping the bottom of the barrel 650 at least

Also and I could be wrong but fico scores won't show on your profile until you have a credit product with them

Same here.  I have a checking and savings with them but was denied for a CC at the time because my NexGen score with them was 638 and the rep said they look for 640 or more.  2 points shy.   He encouraged me to wait 3 months to reapply if my scores increase and I should get in.  That was back in July.  I said I'm just going to wait until next June when some inquires fall off and my scores should hit 700+ (hopefully).   A lot of people have told me to not apply until you hit over 700 to avoid a small SL anyway.  

I was told the same thing. Scores above 650 for more products (I got the promise at 648) and show 6 months of on time payments with no new accounts or inquiries. So I've been hanging out in the garden. Smiley Very Happy

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 4982 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joe I thought the new score and possible preapprovals were to come out January?
Message 4983 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous I thought the new score and possible preapprovals were to come out January?

I believe the next set is in January.  I just got an updated one got some products from them as well

Message 4984 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Product(s) approved and Limit(If approved for multiple products please include date if not immediate) share savings opened 6/17, Checking account approved 12/4/17, Checking Overdraft line of credit for 500 approved 12/4/17, Auto Refi 12/4/17 , Promise Visa - Denied Smiley Sad  12/4/17 recon letter sent in 12/4/17........
EQ 08 Fico: 660
Penfed Nextgen: 681

Instant or Review?: All Instant

POI?(If yes, what type of proof of income) no

AAOA: I think 9 months
Derogs?: (If you have a BK please list type and discharge date!)  2 worngly listed missed payments from navy fed back in June account is closed but this was one of the reasons i was denied for the credit card and my Discover card is only 1 month old but my closed accounts have all ontime payments so i sent a recon! 

Util: 0%

Total EQ Inquiries:

Last 12 months: 19 most from car shopping in the begging of 2017..

Last 6 months: 10 ,8 are from cars smh and 2 from PenFed 
New Accounts in last 12 months: 1
                                 Last 6 months: 1

really bummed about the cc denial I Hope they give me a chance I really never had a missed payment Navy had approved for me to push a payment back due to surgery that I had to fill papers out foe to even be approved but still reported a miss payment when it was never late! 

Message 4985 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stinastina wrote:

I was told the same thing. Scores above 650 for more products (I got the promise at 648) and show 6 months of on time payments with no new accounts or inquiries. So I've been hanging out in the garden. Smiley Very Happy

One of their reps told me the same, 650+ for credit products, they indicated less than 12 inquiries in the past 12 months.

Message 4986 of 5,922
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Need some insight on how the quarterly accounts reviews works...

I joined PenFed mid-Septebmer - so no 3rd quarter review. When I joined, I app'd and denied their credit card products to find out they had just switched to FICO9 and I was 2 points below their minimum qualifying standards. Ouch! At least it was using the HP from my inital membership application. This quarter will be my first one where I am hoping my account will be reviewed. My FICO8 EQ increased 25 points since I joined. I would expect FICO9 to have increased, too. Total inquiries on EQ for past 12 months is 5.

I'm assuming they SP your EQ sometime early January for 2017 4th quarter. If you qualify for somthing, they'll put it somewhere when you log in, correct? I'm not looking to add another every day credit card to my current line up, but rather do a BT and pay a lesser APR and attempt to continue increasing my scores. I'm going to pull my 3B Report in a few weeks so I'll have a good idea where I stand with regards to FICO9.

Am I correct they'll SP my EQ report?

Any idea of when the SP could happen?

When do offers begin to roll out typically?

If the stars aligned, and I feel confident on apping for one of their products, will the SP they pull be used or will they HP?

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 4987 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know PenFed does soft pulls and account reviews at the end of February, May, August, and November.  The scores are posted at the beginning of January, April, July, and October so there's approximately a one-month lag between the soft pulls and the date the scores are updated.

Message 4988 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft pull EQ the end of November. Scores and preapprovals available early January
Message 4989 of 5,922
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Thanks PackWiz and Chefduane. Bummer to think the score increases I saw today wouldn’t be necessarily considered. Oh well at least I know I’m in the right track raising them. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 4990 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.