cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

Regular Contributor

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

Okay, as a follow up to my previous post, the notation was a request for me to send in a reconsideration letter since I had applied for a cli a few weeks ago. I sent in a pretty lengthy letter, so finger's crossed. Based on the trend lately with PenFed reconsideration requests, my outlook is not super optimistic. I will report back on the results. 

Starting Score (5/2017): EQ 528, TU 561, Ex 512
Current Score (5/2018): EQ 671, TU 679, EX 665
Goal Score: 700


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5371 of 5,378
Regular Contributor

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

So curiosity got to me and I clicked the "Apply" credit card offer and it looks like I can either increase my current PCR by $1,300 or apply for the Promise card for SL of $1,300. Only caveat is that both offers show an APR of 11.49% but that APR is only applicable to new accounts only. That kinda stinks lol But it's really only a 1% difference from what I currently have. Anyway, I have to call them because I need to update my information because when I first signed up with Penfed I gave my monthly net income rather than my monthly gross. 


EX FICO 8 - 797 (5/18) | TU FICO 8 - 800 (5/18) | EQ FICO 9 - 838 (5/18)
Message 5372 of 5,378
Frequent Contributor

Re: Penfed Approvals Please Post Your Data For Others


@baller4life wrote:

Product approved and Limit: Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $18k
EQ 08 Fico: 693
Penfed Nextgen: 683

Instant or Review: Instant

POI: None

AAOA: 5 yrs
Derogs?: 0

Util: 11%

Total EQ Inquiries: 7

           Last 12 months: 3

           Last 6 months: 1

New Accounts in last 12 months: 11
                                 Last 6 months: 4

 


Product approved : PenFed Power Cash  $6500

Other products: PenFed Plat Rewards  $20k

                             Penfed PLOC  $2k

EQ 08  749

PenFed NextGen  772

Instant or Review  Instant

POI  None

AAOA  2.4yrs

Derogs  N/A

Util  15% (PenFed), 10% all

Total EQ inquiries  3

      12 mths  2

       6  mths  1

New Accts  5

      12 mths  3

        6 mths  2

Am Ex | BOA | Citi | PenFed | USB | Current: EQ 761 TU 756 EX 766 300K Club
Message 5373 of 5,378
Regular Contributor

Re: Penfed Approvals Please Post Your Data For Others

Took the $1.3k increase from the offer that was given to me. Wasn't really interested in getting a new card or getting a HP for a CLI at the moment since I'm in the garden. So now my PCR is $4.3k. Odd numbers do not like lol Discover is the same way for me.


EX FICO 8 - 797 (5/18) | TU FICO 8 - 800 (5/18) | EQ FICO 9 - 838 (5/18)
Message 5374 of 5,378
Regular Contributor

Re: Penfed Approvals Please Post Your Data For Others


@kamina wrote:

Took the $1.3k increase from the offer that was given to me. Wasn't really interested in getting a new card or getting a HP for a CLI at the moment since I'm in the garden. So now my PCR is $4.3k. Odd numbers do not like lol Discover is the same way for me.


 

 

Is there a HP for the CLI?  and does the CLI match the pre-approved amount? 

 

I got a similar offer a new CC 11.5 k or Car Loan, like you... I don't want a new card or car. I'd take the CLI w/o a HP.  

Ch 7 Discharged Jan 16; Credit Scores around 700 + or - 10 points or so (estimate haven't checked any real scores in a while)
Message 5375 of 5,378
Regular Contributor

Re: Penfed Approvals Please Post Your Data For Others


@coneyj123 wrote:

@kamina wrote:

Took the $1.3k increase from the offer that was given to me. Wasn't really interested in getting a new card or getting a HP for a CLI at the moment since I'm in the garden. So now my PCR is $4.3k. Odd numbers do not like lol Discover is the same way for me.


 

 

Is there a HP for the CLI?  and does the CLI match the pre-approved amount? 

 

I got a similar offer a new CC 11.5 k or Car Loan, like you... I don't want a new card or car. I'd take the CLI w/o a HP.  


It shouldn't be a HP if you take their offer for your existing card. If you modify the offer for a higher limit it would be a HP by Penfed according to the rep. I called in to see if I could get the APR they were offering but the rep said whatever I see on my end is what they saw too and they couldn't do anything about it. They had lowered the APR offer for a new card and also added the Pathfinder card as an offer as well.

 

I think it might take Penfed a bit to update my limit on the website but the "My Offers" tab is now removed after taking the CLI on my card.


EX FICO 8 - 797 (5/18) | TU FICO 8 - 800 (5/18) | EQ FICO 9 - 838 (5/18)
Message 5376 of 5,378
Regular Contributor

Re: Penfed Approvals Please Post Your Data For Others


@kamina wrote:

@coneyj123 wrote:

@kamina wrote:

Took the $1.3k increase from the offer that was given to me. Wasn't really interested in getting a new card or getting a HP for a CLI at the moment since I'm in the garden. So now my PCR is $4.3k. Odd numbers do not like lol Discover is the same way for me.


 

 

Is there a HP for the CLI?  and does the CLI match the pre-approved amount? 

 

I got a similar offer a new CC 11.5 k or Car Loan, like you... I don't want a new card or car. I'd take the CLI w/o a HP.  


It shouldn't be a HP if you take their offer for your existing card. If you modify the offer for a higher limit it would be a HP by Penfed according to the rep. I called in to see if I could get the APR they were offering but the rep said whatever I see on my end is what they saw too and they couldn't do anything about it. They had lowered the APR offer for a new card and also added the Pathfinder card as an offer as well.

 

I think it might take Penfed a bit to update my limit on the website but the "My Offers" tab is now removed after taking the CLI on my card.


Thanks for the info. They gave me an 11.5 k (the amount of the pre-approval) increase in CLI & no HP.  I'm happy. 

Ch 7 Discharged Jan 16; Credit Scores around 700 + or - 10 points or so (estimate haven't checked any real scores in a while)
Message 5377 of 5,378
Regular Contributor

Re: Penfed Approvals Please Post Your Data For Others


@coneyj123 wrote:

@kamina wrote:

@coneyj123 wrote:

@kamina wrote:

Took the $1.3k increase from the offer that was given to me. Wasn't really interested in getting a new card or getting a HP for a CLI at the moment since I'm in the garden. So now my PCR is $4.3k. Odd numbers do not like lol Discover is the same way for me.


 

 

Is there a HP for the CLI?  and does the CLI match the pre-approved amount? 

 

I got a similar offer a new CC 11.5 k or Car Loan, like you... I don't want a new card or car. I'd take the CLI w/o a HP.  


It shouldn't be a HP if you take their offer for your existing card. If you modify the offer for a higher limit it would be a HP by Penfed according to the rep. I called in to see if I could get the APR they were offering but the rep said whatever I see on my end is what they saw too and they couldn't do anything about it. They had lowered the APR offer for a new card and also added the Pathfinder card as an offer as well.

 

I think it might take Penfed a bit to update my limit on the website but the "My Offers" tab is now removed after taking the CLI on my card.


Thanks for the info. They gave me an 11.5 k (the amount of the pre-approval) increase in CLI & no HP.  I'm happy. 


No problem. Congrats on that nice CLI. My CLI is now showing as part of the availble credit when I log in but when I go into the more info and look at the line with my actual credit limit; it still says the my old $3k limit. So, yeah, they take forever to update their website.


EX FICO 8 - 797 (5/18) | TU FICO 8 - 800 (5/18) | EQ FICO 9 - 838 (5/18)
Message 5378 of 5,378