Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
Madyun1982
Regular Contributor

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

@Drusbo
Thanks for your input..
I'm kind of new to this credit thing. So this is all trial and error for me.. I'm ok with waiting until April.. My denial reason could've been something worse.. Lol and for that i'm grateful. Plus by April.. I should have closed my paypal extras card that doesn't seem to want to grow.. Stuck at 300 limit. So I have no use for it. I'm learning this credit thing is all about patience😊
Message 5551 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Madyun1982 wrote:
@Drusbo
Thanks for your input..
I'm kind of new to this credit thing. So this is all trial and error for me.. I'm ok with waiting until April.. My denial reason could've been something worse.. Lol and for that i'm grateful. Plus by April.. I should have closed my paypal extras card that doesn't seem to want to grow.. Stuck at 300 limit. So I have no use for it. I'm learning this credit thing is all about patience😊

Yap!  And I had the EXACT same thing with my PPE card.  I couldn't get it to grow.  I finally got it to get bumped to a whopping $900 after about 15 months of having it.  At the same time though I don't want to close it, but I will if it opens a door wider with an existing relationship or something.

Message 5552 of 5,922
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Madyun1982 wrote:
I'll wait until April... Some of my Inqs will have fallen off by then. So I'll be in the position to spare another one..
I can't apply to Navy fed because I don't have any family friends etc. In the military or that served..😥
I really couldn't understand the difference between now and April only being a few months away. However what can I do? Thanks for the replies

take a PF csr word with a grain of salt. If they say they want history i lol at that. And 3 more months is not establishing history.  With 7 cc's, you should be established abit more so maybe check out other CU's. I wouldnt waste another hp on Pf especially if they use the history excuse. Just my 2 cents Smiley Wink

Message 5553 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I agree with AJC. Plenty of other CUs out there. PenFed denied me in September for new accounts and told me to try back in March after my SSFCU and Disco got a year of history. I decided to build my relationship with NFCU instead. 

Check and see which credit unions are local for you (google credit unions in (your state)), there can be some real gems out there that people don’t know about. 

Message 5554 of 5,922
Madyun1982
Regular Contributor

I'm thinking about waiting to see if I get the survey email..And fill it out, and hopefully someone calls me back. Then maybe I can try to ask for a reconsideration.. They sent me their denial letter.. And they have my Equifax score at 766🤷🏽‍♀️ Maybe it's something else in my profile they don't like.. lol
Message 5555 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

+2 with AJC and Saeren. Find a local CU. Tell them your goals and see what they offer. I doubt anyone else will say “wait 3 mos.”
Message 5556 of 5,922
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Madyun1982 wrote:
I'm thinking about waiting to see if I get the survey email..And fill it out, and hopefully someone calls me back. Then maybe I can try to ask for a reconsideration.. They sent me their denial letter.. And they have my Equifax score at 766🤷🏽‍♀️ Maybe it's something else in my profile they don't like.. lol

Yeah, its called another lenders credit cardSmiley Tongue

Message 5557 of 5,922
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Also, the CU doesnt necessarily have to be local, there are other CU's open to everyone via some sort of condition like joining or supporting a local group. Just h as ve to find one that meets your needs. Lol, i joined Langley Fed and im so far away from one you would lol haha. But given my income they have been outstanding. I know sometimes our negative experiences can color our views on lenders, ie mine with Penfed, but in this case there are things i just dont feel they do to their own members that i cant support. I am happy for those who do find good experiences here just i call bs if i see it hahaSmiley Happy
Message 5558 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Madyun1982 wrote:

what was the  reason for denial in letter? I would say it's okay to call them and ask for reconsideration. CSR is good from PenFed.

all the best! Smiley Wink

Message 5559 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i was looking at my statement and my APR is 17.99.  When i got the (here, now shut up) 500 cli, it also stated that my APR would be 11.74.  I have forwarded the email to PF, so we'll see what happens. 

@AverageJoesCredit   you may have been on to something, it getting pretty ripe in my PF town. 

Message 5560 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.