Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

@MrT_521 wrote:

I just wanted to comment on eligibility for membership. I was expecting to make a donation to an eligible organization. However, the last item in the eligibility dropdown list is "None of the above apply, but I would like to join PenFed". I decided to do that and see what happens. I clicked through, and basically I was able to join by opening a savings account and putting at least $5 in it. But don't you have to do that anyway? Because the savings account could be funded with a credit card with no fee, I put the maximum allowed $100 into it.

Is this a new thing? While I haven't read every single message in the thread and it might be in here, I haven't read about it anywhere.

I think it is a relatively new thing, as I would not be eligible for membership otherwise. I joined by noting "None of the above apply, but I would like to join PenFed" as I have no military affiliation, nor am I affiliated with any of the other membership-eligible employers/groups. 

I'm not sure when this change in membership eligibility occurred, but I think it happened some time over the last year.

Message 5731 of 5,922
AllZero
Mega Contributor

5/12/2020 EQ9 FICO scores has been updated.

Message 5732 of 5,922
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrT_521 wrote:

I just wanted to comment on eligibility for membership. I was expecting to make a donation to an eligible organization. However, the last item in the eligibility dropdown list is "None of the above apply, but I would like to join PenFed". I decided to do that and see what happens. I clicked through, and basically I was able to join by opening a savings account and putting at least $5 in it. But don't you have to do that anyway? Because the savings account could be funded with a credit card with no fee, I put the maximum allowed $100 into it.

Is this a new thing? While I haven't read every single message in the thread and it might be in here, I haven't read about it anywhere.

I think it is a relatively new thing, as I would not be eligible for membership otherwise. I joined by noting "None of the above apply, but I would like to join PenFed" as I have no military affiliation, nor am I affiliated with any of the other membership-eligible employers/groups. 

I'm not sure when this change in membership eligibility occurred, but I think it happened some time over the last year.

Penfed absorbed Progressive CU about 18 months ago and acquired their national charter.  You don't have to be active or ex-military or belong to any of a number of different organizations any more in order to join. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5733 of 5,922
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Its been two years since Ive gotten a pre-approval from Penfed.  I only have a PCR card.  Logged onto my account and saw this ......

Screenshot_2020-06-02 PenFed Online.png

If I select PCR card, will this still be a SP CLI or will it be a new account with a HP ?

This would be a $20k CLI

The card I wanted isnt listed ( the 7.49% APR Gold )

Thanks

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5734 of 5,922
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Its been two years since Ive gotten a pre-approval from Penfed.  I only have a PCR card.  Logged onto my account and saw this ......

If I select PCR card, will this still be a SP CLI or will it be a new account with a HP ?

This would be a $20k CLI

Thanks

@Meanmchine  Fantastic! If you all ready hold the PCR, it should be a SP CLI. Just choose the PCR and the website should guide you through the process. Check back into the application tab to see the progress.

However, I had to call CSR because CLI didn't show up after about a week. I was talking to the csr to complete the process. Unbeknownst to me, they did a HP while on hold! It was later recoded to SP or at least a letter was sent to me that it would be coded to SP. Now, my 3Bs are frozen.

Message 5735 of 5,922
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

This would be a $20k CLI

Thanks

If you select and accept for the PCR card you will get a $26,600 SP CLI on your existing $23,400 CL PCR card.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5736 of 5,922
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Bit the bullit and asked for the CLI.  A few pages later, got the following

Screenshot_2020-06-03 PenFed Online(2).png

My account however does not reflect the new CLI.  No email cofirmation either.  How long does it take to finalize a CLI ?  A day ?

EDIT Just s/w CSR who stated that it takes 24 hours for the CLI to fully reflect online

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5737 of 5,922
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ Congratulations on your SP CLI! That's an amazing increase.
Message 5738 of 5,922
rbentley
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

This would be a $20k CLI

Thanks

If you select and accept for the PCR card you will get a $26,600 SP CLI on your existing $23,400 CL PCR card.

I think you will find that you will not get the full CLI. PenFed now limits that card to a $25,000 limit, even with a special offer. Of course, I could be wrong and be sure to report back to us if you get the full amount. Just don't be overly disappointed if you top out at 25,000.

Message 5739 of 5,922
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Product approved and Limit: Visa Gold $3500
EQ 08 Fico: 685
EQ Fico 09: 673

Instant or Review: Review

POI: None

AAOA: 3 yrs
Derogs?: 1 paid collection , 4 30 day lates , 4 60 day lates all from 2017

Util: 31%

Total EQ Inquiries: 17

Last 12 months: 10

Last 6 months: 7

New Accounts in last 12 months: 10
                                 Last 6 months: 4

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5740 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.