Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number on cc application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone number on cc application

Wen applying for a cc do I need to put in the application same phone number that is listed already on my credit report like a home address or I can put a second phone number that is not yet listed on report?
I don’t want to get the process complicated
With verification and all this stuff
And not to get instant approval
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Phone number on cc application

@Anonymous wrote:
Wen applying for a cc do I need to put in the application same phone number that is listed already on my credit report like a home address or I can put a second phone number that is not yet listed on report?
I don’t want to get the process complicated
With verification and all this stuff
And not to get instant approval

Not sure if putting a different phone number would "complicate" the process but I guess I was just wondering why not put the same number. Not looking for an answer.....just a thought.....Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 numbers the number on the report
I have another family member using also is this a prob if 2 ppl use for same bank the number?
Message 3 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Any info on CR that does not match app can lead to verification
With that said, you want to use the phone number you can be reached at, regardless.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I add this number to the CB can I use it any of the 2 later on applications ? As long it’s all listed there on my report
Message 5 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You cannot "add" anything to CRA, you can ask for incorrect info to be removed. Once the card starts reporting, the new phone number will be reported along with other info by the lender. 

The phone number on your app should be the one you have access to, as in your phone. 

It's best not to try manipulating info on app to help with approval,  especially phone number as some instances of verification require text message

Good luck with your app. 

Message 6 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

You cannot "add" anything to CRA, you can ask for incorrect info to be removed. Once the card starts reporting, the new phone number will be reported along with other info by the lender. 

The phone number on your app should be the one you have access to, as in your phone. 

It's best not to try manipulating info on app to help with approval,  especially phone number as some instances of verification require text message

Good luck with your app. 

Not quite accurate.  First off, EQ does not store contact phone numbers.  In order to have my phone number recorded, I had to add a Consumer statement in which I stated that I could be reached for verification purposes at xxx-xxx-xxxx. 

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditors  may deny you credit if "THEY" feel you have too many phone numbers associated to your credit reporting account.
This is odd, considering the huge amount of phone options people have these days.
I remember back in the day when many rental apartments had a shared party line, and people used the same line for incoming/out going phone calls.
People would answer to find out who was talking, if it was for them or a party and if not then kindly wish them well, and hang up.
Today it's often that people change their numbers, especially for those that use a landline, and cell phone, yet it appears creditors still look at the phone number use as being bad.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

With all that has been contributed regarding this thread.....I believe keeping your information consistant is the real key.....hope this helps...Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.