Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Mortgage Apps Advice Please

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Post Mortgage Apps Advice Please

I wouldn't worry about the pre-qual.  I tried it for many years while gun shy of HP's and then finally said screw it and cold apped after getting my Discover approval a couple of days before.  Instant approval for BCE @ $10K.  So, muster up the courage and pull the trigger if it's something you want but don't get that warm and fuzzy pre-qual on.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear to Close received yesterday.  LO said SP was done and we are good to go.

I'm chomping at the bit to get that CLI from BofA and apply for BCE.  

Still wait till AFTER funding of loan?  Or should I trust they aren't gonna SP me again?

Message 12 of 21
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Never do anything after you apply until you have the keys in your hand.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

Never do anything after you apply until you have the keys in your hand.

This ... when I closed I even waited a couple extra days, just to be safe. 

Congrats Junie! 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen loans cancelled at the closing table because lender did a last minute pull that day and saw a new card or credit card.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have seen loans cancelled at the closing table because lender did a last minute pull that day and saw a new card or credit card.

Yes well aware.  I was just going off what the LO told me is that there would be no more SP's; that they were done and its CTC.  I figure heck they may have alerts set up!  My jets are cooled until afterwards.  That BofA increase credit line link needs to just disappear.  Smiley Happy  Its driving me crazy.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed and funded Wednesday.

Applied for AmexBCE this morning.  Approved for $10K

I also put in for a CLI with BofA, but pending decision.

Off to the garden I go!!!

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on closing! and on the BCE SL!  It's a great feeling! 

Message 18 of 21
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, almost identical situation to mine -- I closed on Tuesday. What's keeping me from apping and putting in CLI requests is that I'm still in the process of moving into the house, so I won't be able to accept delivery of a new card there, but if I keep my address at my current place, won't it make it look like I'm still renting? (And I'd have to update my mailing address almost immediately, which might look fishy.) Plus, it's Thursday, so if I get approved, would it be overnighted here at the old place, or sent by slow USPS? My three current cards have definitely hit a growth ceiling, so I was going also going to go for Amex BCE and Discover It (heavy Amazon user), and I also just found about about NFCU, which I'm eligible for through my late dad. I only have three hard pulls on my report now, all from the mortgage process, so I think I can handle a few more before calling it a day and going gardening.

I'm not worried about getting declined, I just can't work out the timing/logisitics. ^_^

Oh, and congrats on the house. It's a bit overwhelming, but in a good way. Or is that just me?

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CrankyDave wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, almost identical situation to mine -- I closed on Tuesday. What's keeping me from apping and putting in CLI requests is that I'm still in the process of moving into the house, so I won't be able to accept delivery of a new card there, but if I keep my address at my current place, won't it make it look like I'm still renting? (And I'd have to update my mailing address almost immediately, which might look fishy.) Plus, it's Thursday, so if I get approved, would it be overnighted here at the old place, or sent by slow USPS? My three current cards have definitely hit a growth ceiling, so I was going also going to go for Amex BCE and Discover It (heavy Amazon user), and I also just found about about NFCU, which I'm eligible for through my late dad. I only have three hard pulls on my report now, all from the mortgage process, so I think I can handle a few more before calling it a day and going gardening.

I'm not worried about getting declined, I just can't work out the timing/logisitics. ^_^

Depends on the card.  Most dont overnight. My AmexBCE didnt...and neither did my Discover IT when I got that one long before I even appd for mortgage.  I had changed my address already so that mail would start flowing immediately.  I would just apply and put in your new address.  That way you don't have to change it afterwards.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.