Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approval American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-approval American Express

Yaaaay!!! So happy to hear that info from the phone call! Like @Iamthedevil, I am looking forward to reading about your approval real soon!!  Doing the happy dance for you! And I will proactively welcome you to the AmEx Family. It's a pretty nice place to be. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aww, man, I wish I had seen this thread before you had to go through all this stress.

Yea, it's identity & address verification.
When I got my first card from AMEX about 1.5 years ago, I had just moved a couple months prior, so when I submitted my app online, it said I'd have to call in. When I did they said they needed to verify my info with me and confirm the new address popping up (like you, the address was never seen on my reports at that point).
I think reason my approval happened then & there on the phone was because it was only a rental property. You're probably getting tied up due to the recent mortgage craziness and verifying you're all good on that end. Maybe something like the process is too fresh in the system for your name to be appearing as owner of the new house. Figuring out your monthly mortgage payments & new DTI before giving a proper limit on the card. Yada, yada.
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

HEY!
THIS MAY BE A DIFFERENT THREAD BUT.....
"I GOT IT!!!!"
Just notified...
I almost passed out when they said
Congratulations and your credit limit is
FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS!

Thank you everyone for your support, cheers and help! ♥️
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
HEY!
THIS MAY BE A DIFFERENT THREAD BUT.....
"I GOT IT!!!!"
Just notified...
I almost passed out when they said
Congratulations and your credit limit is
FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS!

Thank you everyone for your support, cheers and help! ♥️

Congratulations!!!!! So happy for you!   Woohooo!

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!! It was all worth it then. Enjoy and treat them well and Amex will definitely return the favor!
Message 25 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As OP has now been approved this thread is closed to new posts. OP is free to start a new thread on the approval in the appropriate forum.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.