Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre qualified for amex. should I go for it or wait

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre qualified for amex. should I go for it or wait

If I applied for Wells Fargo propel amex will it be a hp. Who would check my credit Wells Fargo or amex
Message 11 of 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Wells Fargo for a Wells Fargo (amex), Amex for an Amex....

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If I applied for Wells Fargo propel amex will it be a hp. Who would check my credit Wells Fargo or amex

Yes it will be a HP, and it will come from WF. I’ve heard tho that for Propel applications WF will use a Fico 9 score... so it might help to check that particular score before you apply. You can check if you have a WF account already, otherwise myFICO might be your best option. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you all. And yes I do have the amex gold. And im pre qualified. I want it to cover my 2% gas when my disco becomes a year. I'll think about it and let you know what I choose to do. Thanks everyone

If  this is for gas then there are better cards than 2%.  We have a Sams Mastercard that is 5% at 99% of the gas stations ie no costco

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not realize the Sam's MasterCard was for any gas station besides the ones near Walmart or maybe a couple of others. Thank you for that.
I will be doing some more research.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.