Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepping for an AMEX CLI APP

tag
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Prepping for an AMEX CLI APP

Friends,

So, new to the AMEX CLI game. I was approved about 60 days ago for the AMEX SPG with a measley 1K SL.  Next week will be the end of my second billing period and 61 day mark.  Please tell if I am going about this correctly...

a. I have already transfered some of my available credit (4K) from my AMEX Everyday Cash card to my AMEX SPG which brings my SPG card to 5k

b. next, on day 61, I will do a 3x CLI app asking for 15k (based on my available credit I now have on the SPG card)

c. assuming I get the 15K CLI, then I can move the 4K back to the Everyday Cash Card

I guess I am just wondering if I am doing this right or did I misread the process?

Thanks for your sage advise Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Prepping for an AMEX CLI APP

All I can say AVP, it doesn't hurt to try.😀
Keep us posted!
I've seen others do it and it worked out. Hopefully you aren't the exception.
Good luck!
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@avp99 wrote:

Friends,

So, new to the AMEX CLI game. I was approved about 60 days ago for the AMEX SPG with a measley 1K SL.  Next week will be the end of my second billing period and 61 day mark.  Please tell if I am going about this correctly...

a. I have already transfered some of my available credit (4K) from my AMEX Everyday Cash card to my AMEX SPG which brings my SPG card to 5k

b. next, on day 61, I will do a 3x CLI app asking for 15k (based on my available credit I now have on the SPG card)

c. assuming I get the 15K CLI, then I can move the 4K back to the Everyday Cash Card

I guess I am just wondering if I am doing this right or did I misread the process?

Not gonna happen. In fact, they may look at transferring credit lines as a CLI.

If you feel like going through the exersise just for the heck of it, go for it. But don't get your hopes up.

Message 3 of 15
avp99
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@avp99 wrote:

Friends,

If you feel like going through the exersise just for the heck of it, go for it. But don't get your hopes up.

Wow, thanks.  I am so confused now.  I have had so many on here tell me they have done it and were pretty specific on how to go about it.  Now I am wondering if I should not follow their advise after all

Message 4 of 15
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Someone correct me here if im wrong but you are now under the 180 day rule even though you just opened a new account.

Additionlly, being that your SL is only $1k, Amex is a little squeamish about your credit profile atm. I doubt that you would get $15k

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Each case is different, people who were able to do it was great.

Try it and report.  Don't see why it shouldn't work as moving CL should be instant...most times.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@avp99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@avp99 wrote:

Friends,

Wow, thanks.  I am so confused now.  I have had so many on here tell me they have done it and were pretty specific on how to go about it.  Now I am wondering if I should not follow their advise after all

What I told you is NOT fact. The only way you are going to feel better is by trying it. Worse case is a BIG FAT NO.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is if Amex has 10k extra to give you, they would have given you a much higher SL on your SPG 2 months ago. Most with SL of 1k have trouble getting their first CLI at 61 days, let alone this. Of course this is just a guess, I hope you prove me wrong.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My guess is if Amex has 10k extra to give you, they would have given you a much higher SL on your SPG 2 months ago. Most with SL of 1k have trouble getting their first CLI at 61 days, let alone this. Of course this is just a guess, I hope you prove me wrong.

I concur with the old man. I hope the OP proves me wrong too. But it just isn't going to happen.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The FACT is that no one here knows how exactly banks go about doing certain things...one has to just "go for it" and see what happens.

Good luck to OP if he decides to go for it.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.