Did you mean: 

Prequaled for 3 AMEX cards... thoughts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prequaled for 3 AMEX cards... thoughts

I

Pre-Qualed for these 3 AMEX Cards. 

general thoughts on which may be best for starting limit, CLIs etc... 

(Current FICO 8 scores in Sig)

THANKS!

AMEX PreQual 19FEB.jpg

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prequaled for 3 AMEX cards... thoughts

Do you see any value in MRs?  If so, the first card is great.

If not, the second card is valuable for cashback.

The green card is pretty useless for most people.

I'd check incognito to see if there are any better sign up bonuses.  I wouldn't app for any Amex card that didn't give me a sign up bonus.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you, but.

Whats MR?

Whats "check incognito"?

still a newb. lol

Message 3 of 12
redpat
Senior Contributor

Depending on your income and a look at your scores your SL maybe between 1k - 3k.  The Green Charge card doesn't have an SL it must be paid in full every month.  You may get the 25k MR on the ED card w/ no AF if you want points rather than cashback.

If I were you I wouldn't get the Green Card.  ED card is much better if you go the MR route.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income is 120k

Message 5 of 12
redpat
Senior Contributor

You may get 5k.  Regarding MR points, you really need to do some research.  MR points are really best for travel.  If you don't travel then BCE my be better for you.  Amex's cashback program isn't the best though, it must be done in $25 increments and it's applied as a statement credit.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 6 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@redpatwrote:

You may get 5k.  Regarding MR points, you really need to do some research.  MR points are really best for travel.  If you don't travel then BCE my be better for you.  Amex's cashback program isn't the best though, it must be done in $25 increments and it's applied as a statement credit.

Pretty sure OP will get approved if it's a revolver but dunno if it'll be for that much. Scores even in the 670-680 range will limit how much AMEX will give.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you think I would fare on a Lowes Card SL with those scores and income?

Message 8 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

How do you think I would fare on a Lowes Card SL with those scores and income?

Hard to say. Lowes is Synchrony which can be strange at times. The good news though is that if you're lowballed and/or don't have enough to work with you can always call in to Credit Solutions and ask for a CLI without a HP on your credit report.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re just getting in with Amex since you started your rebuild in October. The offers you’re getting on the EDC and BCE are for their credit steps to build a relationship with Amex. After 5 months of timely payments your limit will double. My guess is you’ll start out with $1,000 like a lot of us. I went with the BCE because cash back is nice. Enjoy the new card when you decide which one to get. You’ll probably get an offer for the gold PRG charge card enclosed with the revolver card you get. That’s what happened when I got my BCE.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.